Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VXR Nothing comes close watoo vxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wayne/VXR View Post
    you are going to loose a lot of money mate, why not just put more money in the tank and drive the car you wanted in the first place.
    +1

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

VXRed

you are going to loose a lot of money mate, why not just put more money in the tank and drive the car you wanted in the first place.
    Depends on miles increased. It would be stupid to just keep pumping fuel in a car, more than 150 miles a week and the vxr is not worth keeping imo. However doubt a mokka would be that economical tbh as it's a big hefty thing.

Personally i'd get a gtc diesel with vxr pack and 20's, looks nearly as good as the vixxer with cheap tax, cheap fuel bills etc.

VXR Nothing comes close wayne/VXR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vxice View Post
    Depends on miles increased. It would be stupid to just keep pumping fuel in a car, more than 150 miles a week and the vxr is not worth buying imo. However doubt a mokka would be that economical tbh as it's a big hefty thing.

Personally i'd get a gtc diesel with vxr pack and 20's, looks nearly as good as the vixxer with cheap tax, cheap fuel bills etc.
    to a point i agree mate, if its a money thing and you can't afford to put the fuel in, then you have to sell it. but if its not a money thing and its just down to miles on the clock, who cares its your car. you are only here once so why not drive a car you want.

As you have only just changed jobs would it not be an idea to see how the new job goes? It would be a shame to sell the car and then the job not turn out the way you hoped. You could have then really regretted selling the car.

VXRed

to a point i agree mate, if its a money thing and you can't afford to put the fuel in, then you have to sell it. but if its not a money thing and its just down to miles on the clock, who cares its your car. you are only here once so why not drive a car you want.
    Yep if it's just miles on clock and money isn't tight then yep i agree, keep the vxr.

I'm with a few others here...get a cheap little runner if its not a money thing. All your mileage would be on that and not the vixy! Theres some nice little motors about nowadays and why get rid of the car you have just got?

VXR enough

Loose money selling it spend money keeping it and loose more money when selling a high mileage VXR

VXRed

Small spelling lesson for a few people:
    'Loose' is what my nan's bowels are.
    'Lose' is what you'll do if you try and sell your VXR too soon!

With the offers I've had on mine, I've worked out that if I sold it and took the hit, it would be nearly 2 years before I recovered that loss by buying and driving a diesel. Therefore... the vixxer stays! (knew I'd be able to convince myself somehow)

VXRed

I'm going to make some assumptions here:

1. You're permanently employed
    2. You're going to be driving from say site to site or such like (and you don't mean that your daily commute has got longer)

If they are both correct you should be better off, you should be getting mileage allowance on the business miles you do - something around 40p p/mile. Or you should be being given a company car - or at least a company car allowance which would contribute heavily to your car running costs - that is what it is there for after all.

If you're expected to do mileage as part of your job, and they are not contributing to the cost, then it doesn't bode well for them looking after you in the future IMO.

Corsa 1.3 diesel, go for pennies and fantastic MPG #problemsolved

Sent from my local Shell garage
    Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition #327

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast