Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Please help diagnose my issue!

Hi everyone,

So I am having a few issues with my VXR since fitting my direct route hose and pipercross cone.

So I am flooring it at around 2500rpm and am keeping the throttle wide open, but at around 4000rpm there seems to be a hesitation. Sometimes it hesitates then resumes full throttle, other times I hear the car dump (thanks to the cone) then start pulling again. Now my friend had a similar problem and it turned out his clutch was slipping...so it could be that. My car has 42k miles so I am hoping it cant be that...

However I have been doing a little reading and it could be a boost solenoid?

I have done the pedal test and get no codes. Can anyone help please? Is there anything I can rule out before I assume clutch issues?
    Astra VXR - 19s, AFLs, cruise control Mods - Pioneer AVH-8400BT HU, 3" Piper turbo back exhaust, cdti direct route hose w/ pipercross cone, Forge re-circ valve, 15mm H&R spacers...Rabbid Tuned

check all vac lines .... including vac box underneath inlet manifold. VERY unlikely to be a clutch but then again how long is a piece of string.... depending on life of car.
    Clique No.10

Thanks for the reply Grey, I will give those a look. Yeah I am praying its not the clutch, its had a relatively easy life, no hard launches, extremely rare that I accelerate hard in 1st. I do find it hard to believe its the clutch but thanks for the suggestion.

I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this, so what exactly am I looking for?
    Astra VXR - 19s, AFLs, cruise control Mods - Pioneer AVH-8400BT HU, 3" Piper turbo back exhaust, cdti direct route hose w/ pipercross cone, Forge re-circ valve, 15mm H&R spacers...Rabbid Tuned

Checking all vac lines are connected to vac box and the vac lines going to re-circ valve and FPR (fuel pressure reg) Push them all on maybe check for splits ( doubtfull )

You know what the vac lines are?
    Clique No.10

Since the problem only came after fitting the cone then I would say its the cone, they are known to cause flat spots,
    Quaife LSD . . Milltek/Powerflow Turbo back exhaust . . Custom Intercooler . . Percy 1.9 Cdti airbox . . Whiteline RARB . . Collins dump valve . . Courts enlarged top hat/power pipe . . Oil Breather Box . . cruise . . anti-hijack . . check control . . Blue SMD conversion . . wind deflectors . . opel numberplate surrounds . . pressed plates . .

Quote Originally Posted by whytie-vxr View Post
    Since the problem only came after fitting the cone then I would say its the cone, they are known to cause flat spots,
    hmmm ok put every thing back to how is was and try that... Unlikely to be cone.... Personal experiance
    Clique No.10

the cone won't be causing the turkey noise, it will be a knackered recirc valve or dodgy vacuum line. Is it still running the standard recirc valve? If so the diaphragm has probably split.

Thanks for the advice guys, I will look at all of the vac lines. I will also put everything back to standard and see if the issue remains. I wasn't aware having a cone caused flat spots, I thought that was just the crossover pipe?

i'd check the recirc valve first, most common cause of turbo flutter

Quote Originally Posted by meeeees View Post
    i'd check the recirc valve first, most common cause of turbo flutter
    +1 but also vac line off vax box to
    Clique No.10

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast