Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ok thanks, would that not cause an error when doing the pedal test though? Or do you think its working, but just the plastic seal is split?

Grey I take it you mean line off vac box to re-circ valve?
    Astra VXR - 19s, AFLs, cruise control Mods - Pioneer AVH-8400BT HU, 3" Piper turbo back exhaust, cdti direct route hose w/ pipercross cone, Forge re-circ valve, 15mm H&R spacers...Rabbid Tuned

normally it doesn't cause fault codes, and yeh the rubber diaphragm splits. Everyone fits uprated ones, either the forge or the cheaper (and practically identical) ebay version: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASTRA-CORS...item3a7df306f9

no it wouldnt cause a error code, and yes it is worth while doing this replacement of re-circ valve. A friend of mine has done 56,000 on original turbo and re-circ valve he had the flutter sound so we replaced this valve for a forged one, it turned out nothing was wrong with original re-circ valve and vac line was off vac box.
    Clique No.10

Ok guys cool, another noob question (sorry about this!) would you guys recommend a blanking plate, or the one way return valve...or nothing at all?
    Astra VXR - 19s, AFLs, cruise control Mods - Pioneer AVH-8400BT HU, 3" Piper turbo back exhaust, cdti direct route hose w/ pipercross cone, Forge re-circ valve, 15mm H&R spacers...Rabbid Tuned

NO! have a uprated re-circ valve never blank it!
    Clique No.10

Cool Grey thanks! Will get one ordered one ASAP! Thanks again guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsEye View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, I will look at all of the vac lines. I will also put everything back to standard and see if the issue remains. I wasn't aware having a cone caused flat spots, I thought that was just the crossover pipe?
    My car still did it with a direct route and cone, only went when I had it mapped!

Ahh OK, cheers for the info mate, its getting mapped next week so fingers crossed it will go. Just wanna make sure its all 100% before it gets mapped ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsEye View Post
    Ahh OK, cheers for the info mate, its getting mapped next week so fingers crossed it will go. Just wanna make sure its all 100% before it gets mapped ideally.
    Who ever maps it if they read knock readings etc they will be able to tell if a vac hose is off... If they look lol who is mapping it? Excuse me asking
    Clique No.10

Its Shark performance remapping it mate. They are new to the Vauxhall scene but are very well known with VAG remapping. I trust them 100%, but just to be safe I will be getting a forge re-circ valve and a few silicone hoses. Thanks again for your help!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2