Closed Thread

Default Rattle under passenger's seat...

Hi all,

I posted this question a while back but sadly no-one had an answer. Since it's been a while, I thought I'd try again... Really hope someone can help!

Basically as per the title...
    I've tried shaking the cabling and connection block etc, but nothing appears to rattle any more than it does under the driver's seat. However on rougher back roads its enough to make me want to rip the seat out - it really is that loud and annoying.

I've tried reseating the wiring connection block into the metal housing several times and thinking it might have been the split plastic pipe around the wiring, I wrapped it in self amalgamating tape. No luck. At one point I did have it temporarily fixed for a little while by jamming copious amounts of foam under the seat, though this wasn't ideal as it all pulled out when passengers moved the seat.

Has anyone had / got a similar problem or have ANY idea what might be causing this?

Cheers,
    Mike
    [FONT="Tahoma"]Arden Blue Astra : Gone
    Parts for sale

I have the same problem but only when my girlfriend jacks the seat up because she's small. Lower it back down for any normal size person and its fine

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    I have the same problem but only when my girlfriend jacks the seat up because she's small. Lower it back down for any normal size person and its fine
    Lol. Sadly my seat is already in the fully lowered position - the same as the driver's seat. I do tend to find that when I have a passenger in the car though, the noise disappears - which again seems to suggest it is *something* under the seat somewhere

Cheers,
    Mike
    Parts for sale

That suggests to me that its something todo with the high adjuster mechanics... But I can agree the noise drives me insane.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop88 View Post
    That suggests to me that its something todo with the high adjuster mechanics... But I can agree the noise drives me insane.
    Ok, perhaps if I crank it all the way up, try and spray some lubricant up into the mechanism, then crank it up and down a few times?
    Parts for sale

No harm in trying but it's more likely a loose part rattling not a stiff part that needs lube. I'm only using common sense here I've never even looked under the seat

Hmm... So long as I have an idea what it might be, I might try and take it to my local VX dealer. I am still under warranty, but I try to avoid them as I've had plenty of bad experiences (at several dealers) and they are VERY reluctant to investigate rattles. Normally any work is also an excuse for a test drive / joy ride for them, though I do have a verbal agreement with the manager that he must be present on all test drives...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Parts for sale

Closed Thread