Closed Thread

Default Exhaust rattle at idle

Sometimes when the car is idling, the exhaust has a rattle like you'd expect if a bracket was loose but if I increase the revs just a tiny bit, the noise tends to go away. This doesn't happen all the time but on really rare occasions it will make the same sort of noise up to about 2K revs. I took it in to a garage to investigate but it wasn't making the noise at the time and the bloke said it was fine and probably just 'reverberations in the back box' and sent me on my way!

Any ideas??

Mine is vibrating against the chasis brace towards tye front of the car as there is barely any gap. Also vibrates against the rear beam sometimes.

Do you have standard exhaust or a new one and are you lowered or standard height??

It's standard exhaust and standard height, also should have mentioned the noise is 100% at the rear of the car...

Hmmmmm. Would thought might be against the rear beam then mate.

Might get the garage to have another look tomorrow when it's up on the lift for a bit of loving...
    Hopefully it's just something quick and easy and the last bloke who looked was a bit simple!

No doubt it will be mate.

Get them to lift it on it's wheels so that the suspension is at normal ride height just to see if it is touching any where. if they lift it on a two poster the suspension will hang and be further away from the exhaust

Closed Thread