Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Problems with the Corsa VXR

Hi All,

I'm in the process of buying a Vauxhall Corsa VXR 2009 25k on the clock from a private selling but I'm thinking twice about buying it because of the common faults.

I know the common faults are gearbox, piston 4, wheel bearings, flywheel and some more that I can't remember. I've test driven the corsa and love it but these commons problem lure me away.

The person I am buying from said that the car has been treated well, warm up and down etc.

How do I tell this from viewing/drving the car for the first time that the car is treated well?

I've looked around on some corsa VXRs and noticed the wheel arch that joins the back and front bumpers rust on the edge. Is this normal on Corsa VXRs?

If I DO buy the car from the private seller, does anyone know which warranty I should get to cover these common faults? I've check a popular site that everyone recommends but they charge £885 a year. AA warranty charge £100 and another charge £180. Which is the best and reliable one to go for? Do vauxhall dealers offer warranty on cars not purchased through them?

Thanks for your help guys

Steven

VXRed blooded

MArshalls vx do a 1 yr for 349 and 2 yr 499 well worth the money they have replaced fly wheel gear box wheel bearing and rad this week...

However... the vxr is a good car to drive when its not going wrong... if you got a
    decent job and dont mind spendign money on it buy it... tyres are £500 a time as well for average tyres... all upto you at the end of the day... even if the cars been treated well wont stop the gear box going ect...

I wish i never did a private sale either .... as its been nothing but hassel !

VXRed blooded

may reduce the chance of piston 4 going... but I know for a fact mine has not been ragged an my gear box went ! full vx service history ect... how much and what model is the car... if you dont mind me asking!

VXRed

If you are considering a warranty from warranty wise, AA warranty or warranty direct, please just transfer the money they want into my account, and instead of them being no use to you, I will instead be no use to you!

Seriously mate, not worth the paper they are written on.

I brought mine from bristrol trade centre had a few problems with and still love it amazing car great fun.

Every car has a problem look on any sites they all do and plus you only ever hear about bad problems on ere as most people want advice or moan about a problem lol.

Car need servicing repairing I wouldnt let it put your off mate. You buy a high performance car you votta pay the price unfortunately.

They are no worse than the next car mate alot of guys have had no problems with there.

You wont regret buying it mate yiur be smiling the whole time

VXRed

Hi All,

The corsa VXR is a 2009 model and its going for £9500. 22000 on the clock. Its totally STANDARD, no modifications.

I've heard people mentioning about faulty piston 4 and the cost of repairing is hugh. Ideally, what is the cost of repairing these faults if for some reason the warranty service provider doesn't pay? I'm particularly interested in Piston 4, gearbox and wheel bearings?

Thanks

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by kjaybVXR View Post
    I brought mine from bristrol trade centre had a few problems with and still love it amazing car great fun.

Every car has a problem look on any sites they all do and plus you only ever hear about bad problems on ere as most people want advice or moan about a problem lol.

Car need servicing repairing I wouldnt let it put your off mate. You buy a high performance car you votta pay the price unfortunately.

They are no worse than the next car mate alot of guys have had no problems with there.

You wont regret buying it mate yiur be smiling the whole time
    Exactly.

If you can aford it, and wont be modding, have a look at a new one. Some good deals with full VX warranty, and no unknown history to worry about.
    Courtesy, integrity, perseverence, self-control, indomitable-spirit

VXRed

From what I understand warren g forged p4 for about 1600 I think but have heard it costing up to 3k or so.

VXRacing ahead

Thats this thread killed off then
    Courtesy, integrity, perseverence, self-control, indomitable-spirit

VXRed

Hi,

Anyone who owns a Corsa VXR, do see rust appearing on those arches?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast