Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by FlashStepSteve View Post
    Hi,

Anyone who owns a Corsa VXR, do see rust appearing on those arches?
    Lol no, no rust.....so far??? Last car was an ancient mg so I feel educated in rusty arches lmfao

I've heard people mentioning about faulty piston 4 and the cost of repairing is hugh. Ideally, what is the cost of repairing these faults if for some reason the warranty service provider doesn't pay? I'm particularly interested in Piston 4, gearbox and wheel bearings?

Thanks
    About £650 for a standard replacement piston fitted if there is no bore damage

£1600 for forged pistons fitted if there is no bore damage

£400 for box refurb
    Built by WG Motorworks
    Clique #9

VXRed blooded

Piston 4 is rare mate it's just because its a forum it's talked about I bought Myne secound Hand and its been perfect never missed a beat fantastic car and a great looker also ever car has faults if you think your suddenly going g to buy a Clio or a seat or a vw without common faults it won't happen 10000 miles is round the world in a mechanical machine we expect a lot from cars that in reality are pennies to build and buy

VXRed

Surely you could just take the car to a garage to get a compression test done? and base it on if that comes back fine you will buy it?

I agree, i was looking privately but people chat so much ****** you don't know what to believe, I went to toomeys vxr centre and bought a nurburg, it was the test run version, only had 89 miles on it, got 4000 knocked off it instantly, and you still get your lifetime warrenty at no charge, well worth it

You need to get the new alloys on they, make it look the bollox, amazing what a set a wheels does

VXR Nothing comes close James H-S's Avatar

Hi All,

The corsa VXR is a 2009 model and its going for £9500. 22000 on the clock. Its totally STANDARD, no modifications.

I've heard people mentioning about faulty piston 4 and the cost of repairing is hugh. Ideally, what is the cost of repairing these faults if for some reason the warranty service provider doesn't pay? I'm particularly interested in Piston 4, gearbox and wheel bearings?

Thanks
    Thats crazy money, im trading mine in in the next few weeks if it doesnt sell. Ive been offered between 7500 - 7750 trade in for a 59 plate with 30k on it. Pm if your interested
    Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

VXRed

How much does compression test cost because I don't own the car and wouldn't want to spend too much?

thanks

VXRed

James h s , do you have any pictures

VXR Nothing comes close James H-S's Avatar

James h s , do you have any pictures
    Check my progress thread out. http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-Red-Corsa-VXR

I have removed a few of the mods as I was sure I was trading in so it's pretty much standard but got gloss black plastic's and a burg splitter.
    Red Corsa VXR Gone! # BMW 118D arrived

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast