Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    VXRed

Which warranty company you recommend mate?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashStepSteve View Post
    Hi,

Anyone who owns a Corsa VXR, do see rust appearing on those arches?
    On my old corsa, the paint flaked off as the front wing and bumper were rubbing together. Nothin major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Why are you selling your car James?

VXR newbie

My corsa vxr seems to go a bit sluggish when I turn the esp button off is this normal ?

Every car will get a problem in it's lifetime.. It's a nightmare.

I bought a VXR with 36k on the clock - 08 plate from a vauxhall dealership. I drove it out of the dealership and that night I got a problem. In the first 4 weeks, I drove the car 6 times out of that, and the rest was in the garage. I had my inlet manifold replaced, turbo replaced, clutch, front right braking pad, piston 4 and rear oil seal that infected the crank shaft..

I got unlucky but i'm now aboutt to upgrade to a 12 plate nurburgring.

VXR Nothing comes close Tom_Y2K4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash biss View Post
    My corsa vxr seems to go a bit sluggish when I turn the esp button off is this normal ?
    Not really. Its meant to improve throttle response, etc.

Drive with it off for a bit more, see what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by FlashStepSteve View Post
    The person I am buying from said that the car has been treated well, warm up and down etc.

How do I tell this from viewing/drving the car for the first time that the car is treated well?
    You can't really, even if it has full service history that's not exactly proof it's been 'looked after' as such. Just that the owner has put it through a basic service once a year... doesn't really mean much when you look at it like that or tell you much about how the car has been treated/driven.

You do right in looking into an aftermarket warranty though if you go second hand as the VXRs do seem to have a lot of issues some of which can be rather expensive. But bear in mind that you will have to keep it serviced in line with manufacture specs and on time and also you won't be able to modify it as said.

My Burg has been making a strange noise for a few months, turns out it's the gearbox so that is being replaced under warranty to the tune of £3500! Tbh it has made me think about selling up once it's done as it shouldn't need a new box after 1.5 years and less than 20k on the thing! Makes me worry how reliable it'll be once the warranty runs out and I know for a fact I couldn't afford a bill like that should something big go outside of warranty.
    Now vRS powered... Dirty Derv

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mattb_1987 View Post
    You can't really, even if it has full service history that's not exactly proof it's been 'looked after' as such. Just that the owner has put it through a basic service once a year... doesn't really mean much when you look at it like that or tell you much about how the car has been treated/driven.

You do right in looking into an aftermarket warranty though if you go second hand as the VXRs do seem to have a lot of issues some of which can be rather expensive. But bear in mind that you will have to keep it serviced in line with manufacture specs and on time and also you won't be able to modify it as said.

My Burg has been making a strange noise for a few months, turns out it's the gearbox so that is being replaced under warranty to the tune of £3500! Tbh it has made me think about selling up once it's done as it shouldn't need a new box after 1.5 years and less than 20k on the thing! Makes me worry how reliable it'll be once the warranty runs out and I know for a fact I couldn't afford a bill like that should something big go outside of warranty.
    Have you not got lifetime warranty?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

VXRed blooded

Nope mine was an ex-demo so I only get the standard 3 year job. Saved a small fortune on what it would have cost new spec'd to the same level.

They we're trying to wriggle out of paying for mine to be done according to the mechanic! Asking all sorts of questions about the car, one was 'does it look like it's been abused' and 'are there any shiny bits on it' lol. Says they are proper strict with VXRs and warranty claims.

If I keep it I think I'll be seeing about an extended warranty for piece of mind but the long term reliability does worry me slightly. My last car was a Honda and that thing never broke. I don't think these little Corsa's are engineered as well lol. Fantastic car though, just have to keep an eye on it for anything else playing up.
    Now vRS powered... Dirty Derv

Banned

I know a few Corsa VXR's that are ex demo with lifetime warranty though?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast