Closed Thread
    VXRacing ahead

Default What clutch kit to use? Where from?? Crank seal shot!

Hi guys, slowly getting over my depression with my astra vxr.
    I got to change my crank seal sometime next week so yes box off etc. my local vxr dealer say if there's no issue with slipping or no issue with dual mass just clean them up with brake and clutch cleaner and re use them.
    I couldn't handle driving the car for a month and there goes my clutch as its a moster of a job I hear. So....
    I've priced up a LUK 3 piece clutch kit from europarts at the price of £235, I know luk is a good brand and price isn't bad either. I will get cheaper once a mate gets it on trade. But how much cheaper is another thing.
    Are the other alternatives. I'm more looking at saving £££'s as spent a fortune since owning.
    Also anyone who's removed they're gearbox could give tips on what to look out for that will give grief.

Thanks again

VXRed

im at halifax gearbox n clutch now having the new luk clutch fit and all the bearings replaced, might be aswell doing that as the boxes are tempremental can never go wrong with a genuine proper clutch unless your going for big power

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-boy-16 View Post
    im at halifax gearbox n clutch now having the new luk clutch fit and all the bearings replaced, might be aswell doing that as the boxes are tempremental can never go wrong with a genuine proper clutch unless your going for big power
    I don't have any plans for it at moment but won't be going for big power. That's when they go wrong. I know gearboxes are pants on them. A friend has gone through 3 boxes and his 4th on its way but his has 340 bhp
    Is the standard clutch a luk then??

VXRed

genuine clutch is a luk one yes plus there are 2 variations

1. clutch, pressure plate, hydrolic cluth release. £230
    2. clutch, presure plate. £160

i think thats what the prices was but for what its worth its good practice to change the hydrolic release at the same time as changing the clutch and presure plate otherwise its box out again if that part fails.

VXRacing ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-boy-16 View Post
    genuine clutch is a luk one yes plus there are 2 variations

1. clutch, pressure plate, hydrolic cluth release. £230
    2. clutch, presure plate. £160

i think thats what the prices was but for what its worth its good practice to change the hydrolic release at the same time as changing the clutch and presure plate otherwise its box out again if that part fails.

I will be buying the 3 piece for sure as believe my release is on its way. When I sometimes press clutch when driving it goins halfway down like pushing against air then it starts to be normal. This isn't always just when its really warm but yet again it could be the engine oil causing issues from leaking in that area

Closed Thread