Closed Thread

Default To Wrap Or Not To Wrap?

Hello Guys and Gals,

New on here - have been reading as a guest for some time now whilst awaiting the delivery of my Arden Blue VXR.

I'm returning to the Vauxhall fold after trying a few different makes. Audi, Subaru, Seat and currently Land Rover FL2. However, the Astra caught my eye and I just had to have one

I have been quite worried reading about the stone chips issue that a lot of you seem to be having so I thought I'd ask if any of you have bothered with a wrap as a solution? I would be grateful if any of you could share any experience you've had with getting your cars wrapped.

There are a couple of places nearby that offer the 3M VentureShield system. What I would like to know is:

Have any of you used this?
    Is it any good?
    How much did it cost (if you don't mind me asking)?
    Where should I have it applied (I know on the car - but where )?
    Do any of you have a favoured installer in Cheshire?

Lots of questions for my first post I know but I really want to protect my investment if at all possible. My MY03 Arden GSi Turbo never suffered and I was doing 25k miles a year in it.

Many thanks in advance.

Andy
    Current Focus ST3 250. Gone - LR Freelander 2. Ibiza Cupra, Impreza STi, Audi A3, Mk4 Astra GSi, Vectra LS, Mk3 Astra Sport, Tigra (wtf), Nova SRi, Mk1 Cavalier SRi, Peugeot 205, Mk1 Astra - and we're done

Hi Andy,

I too was worried about the stone chip saga so I did decide to wrap my Arden blue Astra, I collected it from the dealer last Wednesday and put it on a trailer right away. It has spent the last week and a bit at PaintShield in Peterborough and I collect it tomorrow. I'll keep an eye on this thread and I'll update it with my thoughts and results of the work.

Regards,

Mark...
    Last edited by Mark The Cabby; 24th March 2013 at 09:14 PM.
    Enjoying my first six months of my Insignia

Just with a colour coded retrim from CCS and a bit of JBL for decent sounds for now, The future - Who knows!!!

You can get a clear wrap on the front end and on sills called venture tape or similar, it's a thick clear plastic wrap which can be taken off at any time without causing an damage to the paint work. It's amazing stuff and dry durable but is expensive. I had the front third of my bonnet, front half of wings, bumper and wing mirrors done on my old Astra vxr and I was £300

Cheers Mark. Hope it works for you! Good luck tomoz.
    Current Focus ST3 250. Gone - LR Freelander 2. Ibiza Cupra, Impreza STi, Audi A3, Mk4 Astra GSi, Vectra LS, Mk3 Astra Sport, Tigra (wtf), Nova SRi, Mk1 Cavalier SRi, Peugeot 205, Mk1 Astra - and we're done

Nice one Jay. If I could get it done for that sort of price, it'd be worth looking into.

Closed Thread