Closed Thread

Default HELP Cobra doesn't fit!!

Hey guys, I got my cobra catback exhaust today but when I fitted it, first of all I had a nightmare with the original pipe and ended up having to cut it off. when I put the cobra on, the centre pipe seemed too big for the main cat pipe. It seemed as tho the flange is too big for the ball end of the cat pipe and there was too much movement. I started it up and the exhaust was blowing. Am I missing something? My car is now off road cos the original pipe is fudged! Please help someone! I need my car! I have emailed just performance but wondered if anyone here has had any similar problem. Cheers

Are you VXR enough?

Did you buy the 2.5" or 3" catback system?

Quote Originally Posted by Mixman View Post
    Did you buy the 2.5" or 3" catback system?
    It's the 2.5

Exhaust removals and fittings is defiantly a job for the garage. I was perfectly capable of fitting my whiteline rear anti roll bar and soldering extension wires for my MAF sensor, etc, I thought to myself "how hard can it be to fit a new exhaust".

I was so wrong. Spent about 2 hours under the car on jacks trying to get the old exhaust off and couldn't even do that because it was so solid and difficult. All the hangers were a huge pain and the nuts and bolts on the cat had rusted solid. In the end I drove it down to the garage with the exhaust hanging by cable ties.

Also, did you use any exhaust sealent/putty in the joints of the exhaust? If you haven't then that's what is causing it to blow.

Well It wasn't actually me it was my mate who is a part time mechanic trying to fit the new one. I'm pretty sure there's something missing from the box

Regional Assistant - Essex Hey Mr Chicken badboyburt's Avatar

PM Royboyvxr he also had issues with a new Cobra sounds like your having the same.

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

VXRed

Hi mate, Sorry to hear you are having problems, If you haven't sorted it out and you are close to Ashford we will be pleased to help you out and fit it for you.

Closed Thread