Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Air intake... Cone or panel?!?!

Hi guys...

Looking at dragging some more air in the nürb...

Has anyone had better results from panel filters or cone filters...

Also any specific brand?!?

Thanks guys...

Jp

Most people go for panel mate cos they get fed up of the cone noise bit like a dump valve....up to you in the end ive got courtney panel in mine cos cones sound chavvy imo
    black sapphire corsa vxr stage 3 241.7 bhp & 250 lb torque 3 piece remus..30/20 P.I lowering springs. vxr badge front and rear. blue smd conversion..insignia washer jets...18" diamond cut alloys...pipercross cone...forge brace bar...de-badged...smoked side repeaters..airtec intercooler,forge recirc valve,cool runnin stat,390cc injectors,courteney fuel pump and full courteney hose kit..mtech short shifter

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by corsa-del68 View Post
    Most people go for panel mate cos they get fed up of the cone noise bit like a dump valve....up to you in the end ive got courtney panel in mine cos cones sound chavvy imo
    That's half of the point of an air filter hahaha

No I see what your saying though, I thought I'd go for a panel but wasn't entirely sure

Some people love em mate and some say they bring up lights on dash and others no probs.my mates a vx mechanic and he says panel all the way otherwise vx would fit cones as standard.....but up to u mate at end of day...go with your gut instinct pal
    black sapphire corsa vxr stage 3 241.7 bhp & 250 lb torque 3 piece remus..30/20 P.I lowering springs. vxr badge front and rear. blue smd conversion..insignia washer jets...18" diamond cut alloys...pipercross cone...forge brace bar...de-badged...smoked side repeaters..airtec intercooler,forge recirc valve,cool runnin stat,390cc injectors,courteney fuel pump and full courteney hose kit..mtech short shifter

SearchSearchSearchSearchSearch
    M135i

Quote Originally Posted by iDan x View Post
    SearchSearchSearchSearchSearch
    he's new to the forum, so obviously he doesn't know that asking a question about filters gets on you pro's *******.

cant believe t i t t i e s is blanked out :O

How about a nice 180 degree bend flow master for about eight times the cost of a decent panel filter?
    #weusedtobetheshit

I recommend panel filter with courtenay feed

Sent from my S3
    Nupzyo's Arden Corsa
    - Cobra full decat - Smoothed front bumper - PI 30/20 - Full SMD - 17" Rota Grids - Heko's - Black, Blue and Chrome Engine Bay - Full Courtenay Sport Hose Set - Forge DTS Bar - Rear Boot Brace - RSPEC Gauges - Courtenay Sport Panel Filter & Cold Air Feed - Blue Conduit -

I've got pipercross cone, I can see why people get fed up with the noise but it's a bit of a laugh and it's great when a chaved up bellend pulls up revving at the lights! All cars rev, not all make a dump valve noise! :P
    Red Corsa VXR -> Black Astra VXR -> Currently no VXR!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast