Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Coilover / suspension help needed

Hello again! Has been a long time since my last post. However I will need your help as I own an Astra 1.6 turbo make 2008 which is in need of a new suspension. Original suspension was removed 3 years ago in favor of a Supersport fixed suspension (which was only 350 euros) and I got what I have payed for.
    Now I need a flawless one and have been advised to buy Bilstein B14 or SPAX collies.
    I see that the available options are: Bilstein B12 Pro Kit, Bilstein B14, V-Maxx, Koni, KW V1, etc. Would love your opinions on what type of suspension you own, for how long and overall impression about the product.
    I do not think that it is a must to be a coilover but I am thinking of trying a adjustable one (both height and dampening).
    I will kindly ask for your opinion, stories, maybe you can help indicate a new and better one, etc. Please note that every opinion is welcomed and would really like to make the right decision. Will go nuts if I will spend 1000 euros and it will start leaking/making funny noises, etc.
    Thank you guys!
    Will be waiting for your help!
    Last edited by 320i24v; 4th May 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Not one reply. Really?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

VXR Torque of the Devil James_VXR's Avatar

Mines on KW V2's

Great piece of kit but set up for fast road and track use.
    Maybe overkill on your astra tho.
    Ive heard Spax are a good kit for their price wthout lacking on the quality, but i dont think you will go wrong with the brands you quoted above.

Ow its bank holiday weekend so I can imagin people havent got back to you cause they have sore heads due to drink too much last night.

Its ok buying a good kit but set up is equally important too.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I was thinking of B14s but heard they have bearing falls? Read in some reviews last night. V2s are great but a bit expensive. As i run a stock 180 bhp car was thinking of Billies but really do not know what to do/choose.
    Pls tell me what is the life of the kw? For how long will they be as new? I do not want a suspension that will make funny noises in the car or rust. If i will pay this amount of money need to know the car will feel better than new for a indefinit period of time. Can i get this out of the KW? How about the Billies?

VXRed

Im in the process of fitting the B12 limited edition blue spring kit to my car at the moment.
    Rears done with much success, grabbing a bacon roll before I attack the fronts

I got the kit on ebay for £495 from LMFVauxhall.
    Got the Whiteline RARB in at the powder coaters - going for a gloss white

Wow. Great choice. Am thinking about those. Can you please put some pictures and opinions. Review them? How much do they drop the car? How stiff are them? Thank you.

VXRed

The rear has dropped about 30mm and looks sweet

It's started raining now so having to postpone the fronts today, will see what the weather is like a bit later.

One thing I will say is make sure you wd40 every connecting nut and bolt because mine were a b-stard to slacken off

Hello guys! Any other opinions? What are your setups? Would you recommend them? I hear good things about B14's. Are they soft? Harsh?

Some more help pls, guys?

VXRed

Just been for a spin with the B12's on and wow what a difference over standard Burg shocks/springs.
    Even going over speed bumps isnt a problem, you hardly feel the clunk, its quite a smooth ride
    Just need to get the RARB on later this week and then see what the difference is

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast