Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Intercooler

  1. #1
    VXRed blooded D0959's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd March 2012
    Posts
    265

    Default Intercooler

    I know this question has been asked many times but scrolling through the posts brought using the search function, I can't find the right answer specific to my needs.

    The question is this; I'm aiming for around 300bhp but would like the flexibility to go upto 320 ish. Now its not all about chasing figures, but more about looking after the car.

    Money aside (I don't have deep pockets, but don't mind spending for quality), I'm torn between Cortney and Forge (Is the Airtec cooler idenitical to the forge?).

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    VXR enough
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Yes is your answer.

  3. #3
    VXR enough jc1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th February 2013
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    the cooler itself it same as the forge just diffrent pipework, airtec are good value for money

  4. #4
    VXR enough jc1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    11th February 2013
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    and personally anything over stage 3 i would change the rods they are quite well know to say hi through the front of your engine when you get more torque

  5. #5
    VXRed blooded D0959's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd March 2012
    Posts
    265

    Default

    Cheers guys, looks like I'll be getting the airtec.

  6. #6
    VXR Nothing comes close R15VXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    13th May 2008
    Posts
    21,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D0959 View Post
    I know this question has been asked many times but scrolling through the posts brought using the search function, I can't find the right answer specific to my needs.

    The question is this; I'm aiming for around 300bhp but would like the flexibility to go upto 320 ish. Now its not all about chasing figures, but more about looking after the car.

    Money aside (I don't have deep pockets, but don't mind spending for quality), I'm torn between Cortney and Forge (Is the Airtec cooler idenitical to the forge?).

    Thank you.

    Stage 3 is usually well over 300bhp ( 320+ torqs) !!

    However its all based on quality hardware - its OK saying the core of two ICs are the same but thats only half a tale and the real important issue is how well designed and therefore efficient the end-tanks and pipework is - too little bend is bad..........

    Then there's the map to suit exactly what hardware you have........... to be fair you would be better having this for performance;

    1. 70 or 76mm Exhaust
    2. Properly rework 1.9 D airbox
    3. Veccy Large air intake or better using large corrugated tubing etc
    4. Percy Top Hat ( or as similar as you can get )
    5. Percy Power Pipe ( or as similar as you can get )

    and naturally a good map to suit...........


    That would achieve very similar to what most get with cheap ICs..............

    Then a ko4 could possibly take you a wee bit further..............

    hth

  7. #7
    Are you VXR enough?
    Join Date
    15th October 2009
    Posts
    815

    Default

    torn between courtenay and forge and then opts for airtec

    and to answer your question in the OP......"no is your answer" the airtec cooler is not identical to forge and is far from it...to start with both have two totally different cores
    FOR SALE click HERE CARBON BURG EDITION B PILLARS

  8. #8
    VXR enough James-89-VXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th February 2011
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jc1992 View Post
    the cooler itself it same as the forge just diffrent pipework, airtec are good value for money
    The pipe work that you get with the cooler is the exact same as the forge , but with the forge you pay £450 more for a top hat an power pipe .
    Stage 2 black VXR gone - rabbid tuned Stage 3 303 sold
    Now Revo stage 4+ Mk2 Focus RS

  9. #9
    VXR enough James-89-VXR's Avatar
    Join Date
    6th February 2011
    Posts
    4,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH View Post
    torn between courtenay and forge and then opts for airtec

    and to answer your question in the OP......"no is your answer" the airtec cooler is not identical to forge and is far from it...to start with both have two totally different cores

    Lol they look exactly the same there the same size, the pipe work is the same size an takes the exact same route .


    Yes is the answer
    Last edited by James-89-VXR; 14th June 2013 at 06:32 PM.
    Stage 2 black VXR gone - rabbid tuned Stage 3 303 sold
    Now Revo stage 4+ Mk2 Focus RS

  10. #10
    VXR enough
    Join Date
    19th January 2012
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH View Post
    torn between courtenay and forge and then opts for airtec

    and to answer your question in the OP......"no is your answer" the airtec cooler is not identical to forge and is far from it...to start with both have two totally different cores
    Have you got them both together and done real research.fitted them to your car and measure inlet temps with them.if what your saying is true then air tech would turn out poorer which it never has.as James Vxr is saying no difference.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts