Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finally bought an Airtec intercooler :)

After all the positive comments they've been getting, I finally bought an Airtec intercooler ready to jump to Stage 3 with RS Tuning Though it might be a while till I get the remap, as a buckled alloy convinced me to get the set of 18" TD 1.2's which I'd been waiting for the right time to buy. A buckled alloy wasn't what I had in mind, however...

I'm booked into my local garage next Friday to get the cooler (and new wheels!) fitted, so it'll be interesting to see firsthand how much of a difference it makes on the standard map. Most people seem to agree it is noticeable.

Many thanks to Matt (bgasmatt) from ntjmotorsports for sorting me out a good deal on the Airtec cooler - looks like a very comprehensive kit and very stealth in black with black hoses

~Mike
    [FONT="Tahoma"]Arden Blue Astra : Gone
    Parts for sale

the airtec intercooler is the next thing on my shopping list.then its back rs tuning

VXRed blooded

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the airtec cooler? As I'm planning on doing the exact same thing lol, been on the phone to RS tuning today

Just fitted my airtec easy to do took me and a friend 1hr 20min to fit hes a mechanic got all the tools air etc makes a diffrence! Since fitting it i noticed the car drives much smother!

Look at my auto bio u can see pics of it being fitted

Quote Originally Posted by picko_vxr View Post
    the airtec intercooler is the next thing on my shopping list.then its back rs tuning
    Nice one
    I've only ever heard good things about RS Tuning, which is nice as Courtenay is so far away. I'm looking forward to getting mine mapped, but the buckled alloy forced me to rethink my priorities. Hopefully I'll be stage 3 before the end of the summer though...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrighty :) View Post
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the airtec cooler? As I'm planning on doing the exact same thing lol, been on the phone to RS tuning today
    Not sure if I'm allowed to post prices on here mate, so your best bet would be to send "bgasmatt" a quick PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oakesy View Post
    Just fitted my airtec easy to do took me and a friend 1hr 20min to fit hes a mechanic got all the tools air etc makes a diffrence! Since fitting it i noticed the car drives much smother!

Sounds good
    I'm booked in to get it fitted next Friday as I'm not so good with the mechanical side of cars, but I'll be watching as it gets installed, just to see what goes where. lol

Cheers,
    Mike
    Last edited by spartan35025; 18th July 2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Parts for sale

Banned

You should feel a difference especially in these warmer conditions even on the standard map!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by B17BLG View Post
    You should feel a difference especially in these warmer conditions even on the standard map!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not a big fan of the heat, but knowing my luck it'll be back to <10c by next friday
    Parts for sale

Quote Originally Posted by oakesy View Post

Your mechanic mate does he work for a formula 1 team ??
    Last edited by James-89-VXR; 20th July 2013 at 01:48 PM.
    Stage 2 black VXR gone - rabbid tuned Stage 3 303 sold
    Now Revo stage 4+ Mk2 Focus RS

Lol no james both of us together work for 1 im top man with the tea

VXRed

Think i might order one soon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast