Closed Thread

Thread: Corsa Opc

VXRed

Question Corsa Opc

Hello everyone,

First of all , I would like to introduce my self.I'm Ozbil from North Cyprus.I'm a Corsa OPC owner.By the way I'm studying at Southampton University.

I bought my OPC about 1 month ago when I return Cyprus for the holiday.The car was second hand.I has Trust Airnix airfilter on it.But the sponge was in a really bad condition.So I replace the sponge.

So I will be happy with you advices guys.I'm planning to change some of the parts

I'm going to buy Bosch Super Plus Yttrium Spark Plugs.Are they good for the car or not ?

Also mechanist suggest me to change the oil with Mobil 1 0w50.What do you think about the oil ?

Last but not least, I'm planning to change my intake kit .But I'm so confused

Some of Corsa Vxr owners (as much as I observed ) using panel filter (ITG) . I heard that Pipercross has good sound but causes heat soak and this leads to loss of performance. I can not decided which one is the is best to buy.

Moreover , K&N 57S Air Intake Boxes has great performance increase on cars ( according to K&N's tests ).Anyone using this kit ?

I hope I didn't bother you guys..But finally, I want to change some parts of the exhaust to have performance increase and also pop and bang sound So does it make any problems if I buy decat and downpipe ? I found ' Cobra 2.5" Downpipe and De-Cat Corsa D VXR ' with a great price. What are yours advises for the exhaust parts ? (milltek,scorpion,remus etc.

Thanks a lot ! I'll be waiting your answers guys

Ozbil, welcome to the site. I can answer the questions for induction and exhaust but these are my personal opinions, I have fitted a pipercross panel filter into the OE air box which is similar to the iTG filter these does not suffer from heat soak, however because the has an intercooler heat soak shouldn't be a problem.

In relation to exhausts I have a Remus 2 piece fitted to my which pops and bangs and isn't too loud if you want it louder then I would opted for the Remus 3 piece system which removes the centre exhaust silencer.
    Are you enough?

Northamptonshire owners CLICK HERE

Exhaust wise I love my 3" Scorpion Turbo back full decat non res system.
    Stationary video. Ignor the rattle I have fixed that
    http://youtu.be/eNc5dSsZLKU
    Tunnel run with flame
    http://youtu.be/yP5sNrWLTu4

Hope this helps.
    Dbilas Flowmaster Induction Kit, Green Boost Hoses and Coolant Hoses, 3" Turbo Back Full De-cat Non Res Scorpion Exhaust so far....

VXRed

Thanks a lot for your answers guys ! First of all I fitted my new spark plugs ! And I decided to buy '' Cobra 2.5" Downpipe and De-Cat '' .The reason I choose Cobra is that it is not a full system and expensive.I'll upgrade my intercooler instead of buying full system exhaust.Hopefully I'll get the sound that I wish. I know Scorpion and Remus made high quality products . Btw for the air filter it seems panel filter is much better than the cone. But another thing confused my mind.. I read that panel filters can cause MAF problems ..

Closed Thread