Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Colour coding. Exhaust Surround. Boot strip. Fog surrounds. Wingmirrors.

Is there any step by step guids to removing all these parts as im planning on getting them all sprayed black along with my wheels. Would it be best to take the car into Vauxhall and let them do it ?

Thanks in advance

Hi mate. You have the same first and last name as me, how freaky is that! lol. As for the parts, have a look in the 'How To' section as loads of useful info in there about things like removing/spraying/wrapping parts. As for where to get them done, you will probably get a better quality job done at a local bodyshop than a dealers. Bodyshops generally have a reputation to build or to uphold so they're likely to take more pride in the work they do.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Babyalien View Post
    Hi mate. You have the same first and last name as me, how freaky is that! lol. As for the parts, have a look in the 'How To' section as loads of useful info in there about things like removing/spraying/wrapping parts. As for where to get them done, you will probably get a better quality job done at a local bodyshop than a dealers. Bodyshops generally have a reputation to build or to uphold so they're likely to take more pride in the work they do.

Is that the same spelling Mathew with 1 "T" also!? Haha
    Ill be sure to check it out. Only just got set up on here and new to it all so have plenty of questions and looking for advise etc etc. I will be taking all my parts to a local garage to get them
    Sprayed I just wasn't sure if it would be worth paying for a vauxhall dealer to remove and fit them before and after.. I'd like the think they know their way around these things? And if they break something (which I more than likely will do) at least they'd be able to replace it haha!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodwardMathew View Post
    Is that the same spelling Mathew with 1 "T" also!? Haha
    Ok, I spell with 2 T's, technically not exact then but I do spell it with one T when shortening, i.e. Mat

Welcome to the world of owning a VXR. I have only had mine for 2 months so still new to it all too. Already modding though. Any good bodyshop should be able to remove the parts for you bud. Vauxhall would probably charge more than the bodyshop I reckon and even if they bust a part removing/refitting it, they will be able to fix it at the very least, if not they are responsible for replacing it with a new part.

the body shop painting them shoulv be happy enough to remove them for you, are you leaving the car with them or just dropping the parts off to them?

boot strip is easy - take off the boot lining (it pops off) but theres a popper on the boot catch that has to come out also then its a case off unscrewing from behind

diffuser - im sure thats just clipped in, get ya head under the rear bumper and ava look around for the clips/brackets

for surrounds - take off the black plate they sit on (clips on rear of bumper at the top of plate) and the surrounds are just clipped onto the plate

wind mirrors - also just clipped on
    Arden Blue VXR

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by ReeceVXR View Post
    the body shop painting them shoulv be happy enough to remove them for you, are you leaving the car with them or just dropping the parts off to them?

boot strip is easy - take off the boot lining (it pops off) but theres a popper on the boot catch that has to come out also then its a case off unscrewing from behind

diffuser - im sure thats just clipped in, get ya head under the rear bumper and ava look around for the clips/brackets

for surrounds - take off the black plate they sit on (clips on rear of bumper at the top of plate) and the surrounds are just clipped onto the plate

wind mirrors - also just clipped on
    I will probably leave it with them if they can do it in time!
    But thanks, ill have a look tomorrow and see.

Closed Thread