Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXRed

Default Steering column issue

I've got a Corsa Vxr on a 59 plate.
    Had an issue with the steering locking up, and had it diagnosed and the electric steering column/rack is the problem and needs replacing.
    It would be a massive help if I can find out if anybody else has had this issue?
    It's in vauxhall atm and they will be contacting head office to ask if they will give me a contribution as the repair is a largeeee amount of money!
    Cheers people!

It's an absolute joke if they don't help you out, something as severe as a steering column malfunction especially as your driving can be extremely dangerous. More to the point, Corsa C's had problems with the electronic steering column and was a common fault, this should of been rectified for the D as steering is a huge factor when driving.. obviously not.

Does your column move about when you get in the car and take the steering wheel lock off?

Sent from my S4
    Nupzyo's Arden Corsa
    - Cobra full decat - Smoothed front bumper - PI 30/20 - Full SMD - 17" Rota Grids - Heko's - Black, Blue and Chrome Engine Bay - Full Courtenay Sport Hose Set - Forge DTS Bar - Rear Boot Brace - RSPEC Gauges - Courtenay Sport Panel Filter & Cold Air Feed - Blue Conduit -

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLloyd View Post
    It's an absolute joke if they don't help you out, something as severe as a steering column malfunction especially as your driving can be extremely dangerous. More to the point, Corsa C's had problems with the electronic steering column and was a common fault, this should of been rectified for the D as steering is a huge factor when driving.. obviously not.
    Tell me about it, they want £1097 just for the new column! I'm fumingggggg lol, oh really? Maybe I could research into the corsa c issue and use it to help my fight, I have spoke to a legal adviser and they have told me if I can prove its a manufacturing issue I'm within my rights under the sale of goods act!
    Thanks for your help mate

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Nupzyo View Post
    Does your column move about when you get in the car and take the steering wheel lock off?

Sent from my S4
    Sorry mate I don't get what you mean by that? Could you explain more

VXRed

VAUXHALL ARE COVERING 100% over the moon!!

Nupzyo's Arden Corsa
    - Cobra full decat - Smoothed front bumper - PI 30/20 - Full SMD - 17" Rota Grids - Heko's - Black, Blue and Chrome Engine Bay - Full Courtenay Sport Hose Set - Forge DTS Bar - Rear Boot Brace - RSPEC Gauges - Courtenay Sport Panel Filter & Cold Air Feed - Blue Conduit -

Thats what I meant

Sent from my S4
    Nupzyo's Arden Corsa

VXRed

Oh nooo nothing like that, it's the inside that's gone wrong. 2 sensors are broken but can't just replace the sensors have to replace whole column?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupzyo View Post
    Thats what I meant

Sent from my S4
    Mine does that :/ don't suppose you found out what was causing it?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast