+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    VXRed blooded

Ebay Germany is a handy spot for the decat downpipe... About £280 delivered they do appear to be the fms ones

Quote Originally Posted by Pdw insignia View Post
    Hi mate. See this thread from last year and just wondered how your getting on with the insignia Vxr mods???
    I also have an a sig vxr and looking for a bigger turbo and down pipe ... have you any recommendation . My car already has air filter /box mod, secondary decat and map with a custom pipe being made to go from sec decat back to the y section
    I would like to get a the new section of exhaust & bigger turbo fitted then have it remapped and dyno’d. New Sachs clutch will be the next thing after the map.
    Any advice or recommendations would be great
    Hi Mate

I got Thorney motorsport to do my full custom build, they are very well versed in exhausts now and make all exhuats in house.

I simply went to Thorney to replace the whole lot, downpipe and custom 3 Inch exhaust, if the cat gets got enough, it will pass, went from Stage 1 (map only) to stage 3 all with TMS.

TMS have just finished a GTX30 build on an Insignia, but its very expensive, id personally go for the hybrid turbo, as that will bolt straight on with what you currently have / have planned, with some mapping.

You be good for about 380 to 400 bhp with the hybrid turbo and your mods (make sure the exhaust is true 3 inch from downpipe onwards)

Shes still going strong, plannign some further work for later in the year

Having o2 sensor issues which need looking at, eml is in and off because of it

Powerflex are shipping bushes for the car soon aswell

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

VXRed blooded

some updates but not good for the o2 sensor issue...

Do you know already was it is ?

So the sensor was fixed (caught a very high speed bump that i did not negotiate very well), but the bigger issue.......... CHAINS!!!

Unfortunately, mine have thrown up p0008 and p0017, so all booked in with nick150 to get these changed out next weekend hopefully, absolutely gutted, but, guess it was a matter of time, i thought i may have got away with this fix being a 2011 (Sept 2011) car.

Will get pics and keep up to date on progress next week / week after
    Last edited by spidasingh; 7th June 2018 at 02:34 PM.

VXRed

Did you do anyting to the exhaust/turbo manifold side? or are you still running factory turbo manifolds?
    ^^Australian^^
    Car 1: 2016 Insignia VXR (Mods: none installed)
    Car 2: 2003 Mk7 Accord 2.4 (Mods: plenty)

Downpipe and exhaust is all custom made.

Basically a full 3 inch exhaust from the turbo back including downpipe into Y pipe which are 2.75 inch into backbox. My manifolds are all stock / from factory

TMS do cusotm manifolds for these cars, they have done one with a GTX30 turbo on an Insignia, Zirotec coated as well.

VXRed blooded

Sorry to hear you've got the Chains issue... but as you said... kind of matter of time :/

Chains all done, Nick did a fantastic job, literally knows the car and engine like the back of his hand will upload pics tomorrow.

Can't recommend him enough

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast