Closed Thread

Thread: Turbo lag!?????

VXRed

Red face Turbo lag!?????

Hello there I have a 2008 astra vxr! It is t as sharp on the throttle as it should be! My mate has exactly the same car running the same stuff, same map and same brake! He is a lot sharper! It's got a pace intercooler, a forged recirculation valve a blue flame exhaust and just had cdti conversion airbox kit put on it! Any ideas please ??? Thanks

VXRed

Turbo boost pipes could be the poblem mate have you checked them? I had same problem with my Vxr on boost and asked on here. Poster called dryburgh had a look at the car and plugged in his boost gauge to find that a boost pipe had came off, do you have a boost gauge you could stick on? Sure there's a few more guys on here that could help you out if thats not your problem.good luck

Do you love him or hate him? wezzel98765's Avatar

Do you have a boost guage at all?

It does sound as though you've got some sort of boost leak to be honest, obviously filling up a nice big intercooler with air can take time, but if your mate has the same setup, then it sounds as though there is a leak somewhere

if you have standard vac lines they are prone to having little cracks which will loose a little bit of boost, is the map a custom or generic map?

Quote Originally Posted by Kierantate View Post
    Hello there I have a 2008 astra vxr! It is t as sharp on the throttle as it should be! My mate has exactly the same car running the same stuff, same map and same brake! He is a lot sharper! It's got a pace intercooler, a forged recirculation valve a blue flame exhaust and just had cdti conversion airbox kit put on it! Any ideas please ??? Thanks
    So whats your setup in comparison ???

VXRed

thank you guys! it was a vac pipe that had come off! had a new one put on now and works fine+ yess a bigger intercooler can cause lag I believe that's what ive been told elsewhere! cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by R15VXR View Post
    So whats your setup in comparison ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kierantate View Post
    My mate has exactly the same car running the same stuff, same map and same brake! He is a lot sharper!

It's got a pace intercooler, a forged recirculation valve a blue flame exhaust and just had cdti conversion airbox kit put on it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by matthewt23 View Post
    Trolling hashtagging

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Closed Thread