Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    VXR newbie

Default Vectra vrx problem please everyone help!!!

Hi guys. I have a 56 plate vectra vxr, 80,000 miles. I've been having some problems with the car recently. A BIG loss in power sometimes and it also runs and idles bad. At first I thought it was the inlet manifold fuel evaporation control valve, as I heard it clicking when I opened the bonnet, so when I unhooked it the car started idling just fine, but as soon as I plugged it back in the car sounded rough again. I've been made aware now that this part usually clicks when it's working, but I'm wondering if the valve could be stuck and if it is possible that this little valve would be able to cause the car to run rough and have a huge loss of power, or could it be something else totally?

If anyone has had some problem similar to this or can help please do.

Thanks.

VXRed blooded

The evap valve ticks when worn out, how much power loss we looking at, have you checked plugs and coils as these are a possibility also injectors, does your car hunt on idle? Could be any thing but worst case the dreaded timing chains!!!

VXR newbie

Quote Originally Posted by aidiesvxr12 View Post
    The evap valve ticks when worn out, how much power loss we looking at, have you checked plugs and coils as these are a possibility also injectors, does your car hunt on idle? Could be any thing but worst case the dreaded timing chains!!!

Hi mate. Not total power loss but a lot. See the car will run fine for 10 mins then the problem starts. Yeah it does when idle, but only when you start to hear the valve ticking, that's what originally led me to think it was that part. What signs would there be if it was the timing chains? I just thought it was that part because its not there at start up, only after about 10 mins once the car us warmed up and that valve ticks loudly.

Thanks

VXR newbie

Well it's a noticeable amour of power loss especially when you can't overtake. Car feels like it's misfiring. I checked all the plugs and coil packs and they are all fine. So I'm at a loss!

Well you've found the first thing to try surely... If the car seems better with the suspect item disconnected, then replace that and then go from there.
    2007 Vectra VXR - Star Silver Hatch
    19" Silver BBS CH Reps, DAP-R Springs, Quaife ATB Diff, 345/292mm Grooved Discs, EBC Yellowstuff Pads, JZW Stage 3 Mapping, K&N Panel, EDS 3" Decat Downpipe, Main Decat Section, Centre Silencer Removed, Backbox Bypass pipes, Full Leather, CD70-Navi, Retrofitted Auto Dim Mirror, Retrofitted Auto Lights/Wipers, Retrofitted AFL Bi-Xenons,

VXR newbie

Thing is it's like £150 plus vat for the part, and I really don't want to go spending money on parts like that because if I find out it's not the part I can't return it because you can only order it from a dealer. And if I go to sell it il lose money. Things is it's not showing up on a computer as a fault, computer said car was fine. A mechanic said it sounded like a few faults togeather. I grudge paying garage bills, do most of the work myself. I just can't figure out what it is with a computer so a garage won't either. Just wanted to find out what other members thought.

Get the part from rockauto I just got a fuel evap valve for £41.00 delivered from the USA. Arrived in 3 days

But if u pay £150 and ut fixes the problem the jackpot. But if not then its the joys of motoring mate

**Insert Funny Comment Here** royboyvxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leon79 View Post
    Get the part from rockauto I just got a fuel evap valve for £41.00 delivered from the USA. Arrived in 3 days
    Do they sell the vxr insignia injectors ??

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Quote Originally Posted by royboyvxr View Post
    Do they sell the vxr insignia injectors ??
    No I don't think they do, there was a guy on eBay selling brand new sets quite cheap

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast