Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    **Insert Funny Comment Here** royboyvxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leon79 View Post
    No I don't think they do, there was a guy on eBay selling brand new sets quite cheap
    Hmmm

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Mate, start off the process of elimination with the cheaper parts, if the cheaper turns out to be £150 then that's the cheaper. Timing chains are a worry for some, mine wasn't really showing any symptoms other than a slight rattle at the back top drivers side of the engine but I had them done and they were stretched to say the least. Nick150 on here is the z28 hero on here so pm him and see what he could advise.
    But as above, check that part 1st as if it's better when disconnected then it could be the primary issue. It sucks not knowing I know but that's the nature of the beast I'm afraid...but dam they are worth it for the smiles :-)
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

+1
    [

VXRed

i agree with the process of elimination but whatever you do, Try and get New Parts in because my mates Veecy has just gone kaput after what he thought was a bargain at the local breakers yard! Garage is quoting near 3k!

Quote Originally Posted by 10vxr View Post
    i agree with the process of elimination but whatever you do, Try and get New Parts in because my mates Veecy has just gone kaput after what he thought was a bargain at the local breakers yard! Garage is quoting near 3k!
    What happend to his motor.
    I would try the eperb valve before thinking about anything serious like chains.

What is the evap valve , where is it and what does it do ?
    Arden all the way !

VXRed blooded

The evap valve is located under the ecu

VXRed

What does the evap valve do?

Are you VXR enough?

Think it vents fuel vapours back into the intake system, its all about emissions blah blah.... One sign of it failing is having problems starting after refuelling as it starts to stick open so the vapours kinda flood the intake so it takes a couple of long goes to get it started...

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by leon79 View Post
    Get the part from rockauto I just got a fuel evap valve for £41.00 delivered from the USA. Arrived in 3 days
    Hi. Dont suppose you could let me have the part number can u please? A photo of the valve would help me identify the part too if u wouldnt mind?

ta!

P.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2