Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Corsa Vxr tuning

Just bought a arden blue corsa vxr (standard) and looking on doing a few upgrades over christmas. Looking at a remus 3 piece, baileys dump and a ecu remap. Looking to get the car around 220-230bhp fairly new to to tuning so all suggestions welcome

Courtenaysport.co.uk ...
    Previous owner of an ARDEN BLUE CORSA
    Powered by COURTENAY SPORT
    Web and Graphic Designer from Norwich
    Need help with a website or design for your business or project? - Check out my Norfolk Web Design

VXRed blooded

Exhaust has to be a first . Don't get a dump valve better of with a airfilter

Don't bother with dump valve, just get a cone filter makes a similar noise and dump valves on corsa's end up not working or resulting in problems 9/10 times. I'm sure you could get an exhaust with an xmas discount from some website or possibly a trader on the the forum. Remap, depending on where your based can be done with RS tuning (leeds), Courtney sport (Near Norwich), Warren/Rabbid (not 100% sure think around Maidstone) there are many more but these would be the top people I would recommend since they know there stuff and very experienced with corsa vxr's. Many people would advise against going to Regal so take that as you may. If your just after stage 1 then an exhaust and airfilter should be fine but stage 2 you may need injectors since most tuners won't want to put the strain on your injectors stage 2 and above, some aren't keen on doing stage 1 without injectors.

VXRed

Was thinking on a 3 piece remus and a cone filter then maybe a remap? Any one suggest could filter ? Heared they suffer from heat soak so panel filters are much better in terms of performance?

im in process of going stage 3 (6th december) and im running courteney panel filter,dont worry about heat soak,as said a million times it goes thru ur intercooler into a red hot turbo.If your going for a cone leave the bottom of the airbox in place.
    black sapphire corsa vxr stage 3 241.7 bhp & 250 lb torque 3 piece remus..30/20 P.I lowering springs. vxr badge front and rear. blue smd conversion..insignia washer jets...18" diamond cut alloys...pipercross cone...forge brace bar...de-badged...smoked side repeaters..airtec intercooler,forge recirc valve,cool runnin stat,390cc injectors,courteney fuel pump and full courteney hose kit..mtech short shifter

+ 1 on the heat soak. Its pretty much non existent so I wouldn't worry about it, it won't affect performance and if it did it would be very very very little difference between the two.

I used to use a pipercross cone filter but swapped it out for a panel filter for day to day driving since the cone can be quite noisey on long trips.

Yea, get the bits first then map them in.

This is the filter I use/used: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIPERCROSS...item258233f8ad

Edit: changed link to one with jubilee clip for same price

Quote Originally Posted by jason_1609 View Post
    Exhaust has to be a first . Don't get a dump valve better of with a airfilter
    + 1

I've got the pipercross panel filter and it enhances the noise of the waste gate perfectly. Not to loud, not to quiet. Don't get a DV.

VXRed

I will get the cone filter and silicone hoses aswell as a remus 3 piece exhaust then hopefully a remap after christmas thanks guys

Closed Thread