Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Default Another piston #4 query

So I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice.

My VXR is 2009 and has 34,000 miles on it, it also has a miltek stainless exhaust and I think it has been mapped (stage 2). (I say think because I bought the car from a car supermarket and it has a thorney Motorsport sticker under the bonnet, but they say they have not touched it)

I was driving on Saturday and it felt like it was hesitating for about 200metres then it started squealing like a fiesta's fan belt on a cold winter morning closely followed by a loud bang. Then it was running on three cylinders and was followed by a plume of blue smoke.

I have had it compression tested and would you believe it there is no compression on number 4.

My question is, if I go to forged internals, where should I get them from? And any tips or advice for any additional items required apart from the obvious (head gasket and head bolts etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Let me start by saying sorry to hear about that! Regal Sport will supply forged internals. How do you drive and what kind of fuel do you use if you don't mind me asking? Personally i like to use the good stuff (V-Power) and also try my best to keep it off boost until the engines warmed up. These are 2 easy ways to look after a turbo engine!

There are a number of tuners on here will supply and forge it for you
    FRESH Clique 24 (24 hours)
    WG Motorworks - RABBID REMAP
    Ko6 Turbo. 3"Turbo Back custom exhaust De-Cat - KW V2 Coilovers Porsche Brakes
    331 BHP Fully forged - Fast Road Cams - Plus Williams Clio 3

Built by WG Motorworks
    Clique #9

If your unsure of damaged caused id strip the head off before you order parts to check the bores for damage. If they are damaged you may need 79.5mm or 80mm pistons rather than 79
    Built by WG Motorworks
    Clique #9

Comon problem with vxrs the remap puts to much load /heat on the piston kills it its not just a corsa thing if u have to strip it all out then why not rebuild the lot properly to last not with just stock parts as further down the line will just happen again forge rods pistons shels bolts ect ect yes bit more money but its will be more money when it gives up again in12 months so build it to last or should I say to cope with power :-))) also u can get uprated everythink for these ... Courtney motosport regal most performance centres will be able to locate ur bits

Just done all mine piston num 4 lol cheers

Or dont batter it for such long periods let it cool down properly or get a turbo timer to do it for you :-)

Closed Thread