Closed Thread

Thread: Boost Problem!!

VXR newbie

Default Boost Problem!!

Hi guys, i posted a thread a while back

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...der&highlight=

im really in the dark here and need some help.

Corsa VXR Black 2008 54000m

Bought the car from a dealer, had the above problem where there was a hideous noise, even turned heads. Iv eventually got the aircon pump replaced and all regassed. Before this was replaced though, the shuddering just completely dissapeared?

I now have a working aircon without any holes in the pump, no noise but i have NO BOOST WHATSOEVER. No warning lights on the dash.

I go from 1st to 2nd to 3rd with very minimal power but it still reaches speed and gets but when i get 4th flat foot there is no boost like i remember there was before all this. I remember flat foot and then all of a sudden no matter what gear, i was thrown into the back of my seat and the car pushed through the red line.

There is a aftermarket baileys dump valve on the car which after reading a bit is known to lose boost but when i got the car it was on and i had boost?

Could i need a new turbo?

Im thinking of getting a warranty through Click4Warranty and then sending it in, will this sort of thing be covered or is there a simple fix?

Also wanting to remove dump valve but not sure how?

Thanks a lot, sorry for the essay..

First of all dude is the turbo itself smoking or making any unusual noise at all?? dont just rule the turbo into it as there are many factors this could be happening and causing it not to boost, when they changed your aircon pump have they accidentally unhosed one of the vacuum pipes going of the turbo?? id check the cheapest option first mate and work your way up the list!!
    Well, let me just quote the late-great colonel sanders, who said... "i'm to drunk to taste this chicken! -Ricky Bobby

VXR newbie

No noise whatsoever, there was a noise when i miss shifted originally when changing from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th in the red line. This is where the problem started. The noise eventually dissapeared and there was still lack in power. After replacing aircon pump i thought i may get everything back (Sounds stupid but i thought that was the only damage). Now i sit with the car running fine, no warnings, dump valve but no boost. Even when pressing flat to the overboost button it doesnt do anything.

Check all boost pipes for leaks and try taking the dump valve off as quite a few corsa's will lose boost with dump valves. This will then eliminate the DV if you try driving the car with it off
    Last edited by DanDan; 1st December 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    - Corsa VXR Blue Edition -
    Progress Thread
    Now Sold!

Now awaiting delivery of the new Type R
    Instagram: danielstorton

VXR newbie

Do you have a thread link for how to remove the DV? Its a baileys and it doesnt look very easy to just pop off. Also when looking at boost pipes will it be clear if there is a problem?

Closed Thread