Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Weird boost issue???

Hi this is my first ever post and may need a bit of forgiveness. I have a 2008 corsa vxr with a weird boost problem. It sometimes boosts fine and then nothing at all, first and second don't seem to be as bad but higher gears are the worst. when in third gear for instance I put my foot to the floor and its like a non turbo car and will not boost until I lift off and then reapply full throttle , then it will boost like mad. I have replaced the MAF sensor, MAP sensor, boost control solenoid, internal dv and vacuum hoses. I have checked all vacuum pipes at the rear and they are still attached. Its running a stage 1 generic map, cone air filter and has both cats removed and I have reset preload on the wastegate to + 1 turn. This problem was there before any mods were made and its never had a dumpvalve.---Any help would be much appreciated.

Try changing the recirc valve sometimes they stick and loose boost at 5psi

Sent from your best ever work colleague

Check your spark plugs/leads
    Green Burg #143

I said that too him but he ent havin none of it lol. He said its not like a misfire. Just that the boost disappears. So recirc valve i wud of thought :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

VXRed

I have changed the recirc valve for a forge one and it's still the same. I'll change the plugs and coil pack and will post back.

VXRed

i too am interested in this thread. i have stage 3 EDS map. and yes i seriously need to get it custom mapped.

sometimes i plant foot slowly and i will boost to 18psi then drop off. if i lift off and slam hard on the pedal i spark upto 27 psi (in sixth gear) and will pull from there till it drops off higher up the rev range. from wat i see around. 27 psi is way too much so i am probably slowly killing my car

What map is on it?did it do it before it had the stage 1 map on?

VXRed

It was doing it before the map only not as bad. I don't know what map it is but I had it done at midland remaps and have taken it back to him and he assures me that it can't be the map causing it !!!

Trust me mine was like it if i put the car in a gear in which was too high it wouldnt go anywhere and then after around 4000-4500 revs it would boost like hell. I changed the spark plugs and coil pack and all was good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

VXRed

Ok. I've changed the plugs and coil pack and it's still the same. Arrrgh this car is driving me mad. It's a genuine coil pack and Bosch super plus plugs. I'm losing the will to live.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast