Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Mine is the same. Pulls at 1 to 1.1 bar then if you let of and then on again it will shoot to 1.5 bar and pull like a train. Is this not just the overboost though doing this?

Car runs perfect otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by styney View Post
    i too am interested in this thread. i have stage 3 EDS map. and yes i seriously need to get it custom mapped.

sometimes i plant foot slowly and i will boost to 18psi then drop off. if i lift off and slam hard on the pedal i spark upto 27 psi (in sixth gear) and will pull from there till it drops off higher up the rev range. from wat i see around. 27 psi is way too much so i am probably slowly killing my car

VXRed

It can't be the over boost feature as I'm sure it's not there when re-mapped, it also boosts to 22psi in first and second which over boost isn't available in. It's driving me mad arrgh, gonna change the vacuum solenoid next week and see what happens then.

VXRed

I had this problem with the boost control would only boost to 15 psi removed it boost to 22 psi

I have this exact same issue with my SRi T. Will Boost fine in the lower gears and in the higher gears when above 3500RPM, if its lower than that its flat as anything till about 4500RPM unless you reapply the throttle.

I'm running the EDS 215PS Map, It still makes decent power and Torque on the Dyno, but between 3000-3500RPM there is a nasty dip and increase in torque. I replaced the Coilpack with a Denso OEM one and fitted NGK Iridiums about 6 months ago before it was mapped, the issue became really apparent when It was mapped and I've replaced the MAF sensor, Boost Control Solenoid and fitted a Forge Recirc in a quest to help the problem since then. I've checked for Vacuum Leaks, checked the Turbo for any play which there isn't any and the car is regularly serviced with an Oil Change at least every 3000 Miles.

I really don't know what else to do! :/ Any help would be appreciated. Glad in a way that it isn't just me having this issue, its baffling!
    Last edited by Ollie930; 2nd January 2014 at 12:10 AM.

VXR enough

Mine was the same with the old standard k03 turbo! Changed the turbo to a k06 and had it all mapped all good no problems ! Have you checked your actuator movement to check it's not sticking!? Get a mitivac on it and check it out !

VXRed

Had a mitivac on it and all seems ok. The waste gate is free and moves easily but I'm thinking that I might change the actuator for a forge one just incase it's weak when under full load. 👍👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VXRed

Today's update. Re-tested the actuator with the mitivac and the gate started to open around 8psi I then took it up to 20psi and left it for a minute and it stayed at 20psi, I let the pressure go instantly and the waste gate snapped shut so it doesn't appear to be sticking. I then bypassed the boost control solenoid and took it for a spin and it only boosted to 8psi and stayed there, I then gingerly disconnected the actuator pipe completely and it boosted of the gauge, so I'm now hoping that's it's down to the spring in the actuator going weak and letting the gate open to early and the boost control solenoid is compensating for it. Definatly gonna try a new actuator 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Today's update. Re-tested the actuator with the mitivac and the gate started to open around 8psi I then took it up to 20psi and left it for a minute and it stayed at 20psi, I let the pressure go instantly and the waste gate snapped shut so it doesn't appear to be sticking. I then bypassed the boost control solenoid and took it for a spin and it only boosted to 8psi and stayed there, I then gingerly disconnected the actuator pipe completely and it boosted of the gauge, so I'm now hoping that's it's down to the spring in the actuator going weak and letting the gate open to early and the boost control solenoid is compensating for it. Definatly gonna try a new actuator 😳

Let us know how you get on.

Do you also find yours abit lumpy off boost in the lower RPM's? Mine only seems really smooth if your thrashing it up through the box!

Do you also find yours abit lumpy off boost in the lower RPM's? Mine only seems really smooth if your thrashing it up through the box!

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie930 View Post

I agree pal, reckon it's crap eds maps tbh, really can't wait to go custom, I just need to get to the bottom of this cam\tappet noise on mine

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast