Closed Thread

Default Very slight misfire. HELP

Hi guys, my astra has developed a slight misfire. It almost feels like a flat spot that's how slight it is but has just started happening the other day. Tried another coil pack but it's still there. Tested for fault codes and got back P0301 so misfire in cylinder 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want the car back to its good old self again so I can enjoy it. Cheers guys

Plugs?

Hi jessy, yeh I was too lazy to check the plugs so tried the coil pack to start with but have just had a look at the plugs and the gap is about 2mm which is strange as the cars been running fine till now. Would ngk plugs be ok? Faux hall are shut today and I'm impatient haha. Thanks for your reply though

Personally I'd just wait for VX to open and get standard ones as they come correctly gapped and are good plugs.

Yeh I think I will anyway as halfrauds don't stock the correct plugs anyway. Thanks for your input jessy

Are you VXR enough?

I changed my coil pack and plugs last week. Went for ngk platinum, had the car tuned a few days later and the tuner said they are the ones he uses on all his cars so if go for them.

Cheers lee but I'm just going to go to the stealers anyway. Thanks though

Just a little update on my problem. Went to the dealer on Monday and got plugs, turns out that faux hall use NGK R plugs as standard anyway. Popped them in when I got home and the car has never ran as good while I've had it. The new plugs have completely gotten rid of my flat spots as well which surprised me. Not bad for a £48 fix.

Closed Thread