Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXR Torque of the Devil jkemish's Avatar

Default Ace Cafe Meet- Convoy

Anybody from south west going to the ace cafe meet and are convoying down there?

Ideally be down the m4 as easiest for me

Cheers guys
    Astra VXR Time Attack Build

Follow me on Facebook at JK Motorsport

https://www.facebook.com/JK-Motorspo...7132121985280/

Regional Organiser South West Sam_R's Avatar

Bump

I think we need to determine who is actually going? And what days people are going down on? As some are traveling Friday, others Saturday. Some people are staying in hotels whilst others will be driving back? Then you've got a time and place convenient for everyone to consider?
    Sounds like a lot of planning!

Is this where we are going to discuss the south west convoy for ace cafe then?
    Gettng confused using tapatalk on my Iphone!

I'm going up Saturday and leaving to come home after the meet, some people will just want to convoy up as coming back people will be leaving for other arrangements or going home, all at different times, It also gives newer members or first timers a chance to say hello before the main meet.

Meeting before hand say @ cribs at what ever time will give people the chance to say hello and convoy up together, they will also then have people to talk to up at the ace cafe instead of twiddling they're thumbs,

Quote Originally Posted by swell View Post
    I'm going up Saturday and leaving to come home after the meet, some people will just want to convoy up as coming back people will be leaving for other arrangements or going home, all at different times, It also gives newer members or first timers a chance to say hello before the main meet.

Meeting before hand say @ cribs at what ever time will give people the chance to say hello and convoy up together, they will also then have people to talk to up at the ace cafe instead of twiddling they're thumbs,
    Ye that was one of the reasons I wanted to meet up first so I'm not walking around wondering what to do when I get there!
    I will keep an eye out for a time in this thread to meet at cribs then?

So sounds like cribbs is a good pre-meet place..yep?
    Anybody got any idea how long it takes to travel? Then we can try think about the best time to set off.
    I'm still undecided on whether I'll be coming home on the day or staying yet so I think once the meet at ACE is over we kind of just go our own seperate ways? I'm sure some may arrange to travel back with others, but there are just too many people doing too many different things that it's going to be to difficult to organise a convoy back

Also.
    Sam if you are reading this, any chance this thread could be made into a sticky for the SW region please?

Yes that sounds good, and yes as you said for going back people will be leaving at different times etc.

On the Satnav from cribs to ace cafe it says 116 miles, 2hours 15 mins.
    Hope this helps!

Thanks for that Ry
    Well it states that we need to be at ACE for 11am (not earlier)
    So what are peoples thoughts? A 7:30-8 am meet at cribbs? Or earlier?
    I'm not fussed either way

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast