Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    VXRed

Default Modifications (handling) - Advice please

got my standard Vec (280) about a week or so ago, just wondering what mods people have or would recommend with regards to handling? I've experienced already the not overly great chassis set up, masses of under steer in to lift off over steer at a flick of the wheel!

anybody found any simple mods to improve, or fitted strut braces etc.? saw an Eibach springs kit online for about 600 quid, but not sure if it'll be worth it. I am planning eventually to run more power through her sensibly but not before I manage to improve the handling!!!

cheers in advance
    Dan

Lower springs mate. Improves no end. Cheap and makes a difference.
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

The standard setup is very good , I'd maybe look at what's worn on yours before changing springs

VXRed

Mines lowered 30mm on dap r springs with a quaife diff , goes round corners very well indeed now, completely different car to be honest. U can also get poly bush kit aswell to tighten things up a bit more

Quote Originally Posted by Racdave View Post
    The standard setup is very good , I'd maybe look at what's worn on yours before changing springs
    Standard set up is very loose and wollowy. Changing the springs is the best option by far mate. You won't regret it.
    Mines down by 40mm and handles very well now, much better than before that's for sure. It's more sure footed in the corners and coming out of them.
    I will second the previous post...polys will also help indeed.
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

VXRed

Spot on that cheers boys! I'll look in to it.
    loose and wollowy is a good way to describe it.
    It was as the weight shifted in the car through the bends, took my foot off the gas to counter the understeer then the backside kicked out as I corrected the steering. Forcing me to re correct. Was hairy to say the least.. and That was at mild speeds! (Hand on heart)

Quote Originally Posted by smilzv6 View Post
    Mines lowered 30mm on dap r springs with a quaife diff , goes round corners very well indeed now, completely different car to be honest. U can also get poly bush kit aswell to tighten things up a bit more
    Wish i'd had a go now,when I did your chains lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smilzv6 View Post
    Mines lowered 30mm on dap r springs with a quaife diff , goes round corners very well indeed now
    Same here.

The Diff is the best purchase I've made for the car so far.
    2007 Vectra VXR - Star Silver Hatch
    19" Silver BBS CH Reps, DAP-R Springs, Quaife ATB Diff, 345/292mm Grooved Discs, EBC Yellowstuff Pads, JZW Stage 3 Mapping, K&N Panel, EDS 3" Decat Downpipe, Main Decat Section, Centre Silencer Removed, Backbox Bypass pipes, Full Leather, CD70-Navi, Retrofitted Auto Dim Mirror, Retrofitted Auto Lights/Wipers, Retrofitted AFL Bi-Xenons,

VXR They're Nobby's Not Noddy's Nobby's Avatar

You can trasform the ride of the car quickly enough with: Quaife Diff, DAP Springs, Precat Decat pipe and a remap
    That's all I've done to mine and I'm very happy with the way it behaves.
    DAP Springs, EDS Precat decat, TD 1.2, Quaife diff, mapped, RSS Lightweight Clutch - Job done!

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrossco's Avatar

Tyres can make a big difference to the handling too

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast