Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I know what you mean once you get a taste of the power that the vectra's got it does make you start thinking what its like with even more omph which is why in a couple months when I get the car through its mot I will be getting it mapped. Im in glasgow and really only heard of one place that does mapping near me but they do have a good reputation from members on here but I would like to know of other places that map before I make my final decision on where to go. (Sorry if im hijacking this thread)

Default Modifications (handling) - Advice please

I've had both my maps on mine done at custom remap (remap science) in Bradford. They have done a Stirling job on mine and never had any issues with the maps. They are bespoke maps on the rollers and they don't break the bank!!
    The guy who writes the maps (Chris) does them for quite a few mappers iirc.
    Give them a call and speak to Adam, he knows my car, he may make it worth ya while with travelling too as he does good prices from recommendations. They are bout 2km from top of m606 Bradford.
    Other than that there's ya main ones like bluefin, Courtney, regal etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Thanks for that, I will look into it and gives me more options to ponder. I have been thinking that a wee road trip south of the border could be fun but I may have to do that asap before I need a passport to get into England if Mr Salmond has his way lol

VXRed

How much did the maps set you back and what increases did you gain if you dont mind me asking mate?

VXRed

Well after some consideration ive decided my shopping list for January is as follows, Quaiffe Diff, DAP lowering springs, re map, pre cat pipe removal, had my wheels done matte black (black car), EBC grooved discs and yellow stuff pads! Happy January to me

VXR Torque of the Devil vxrossco's Avatar

for the discs have a look on Ebay for mtec cheaper than ebc gd1460 which I've now gone through three sets of.

I'm due to get my first mtec ones through today for the front but I've used them on the rear and the quality is great

VXRed

Will do! Cheers.

First map was 279, kinda 50/50 map. Second has over 300 with more emphasis on out and out pace through the rev range...happy days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: Insignia VXR Supersport Unlimited, Corsa Black Edition 1.4t mapped (157bhp).
    Previous: Astra J VXR white (65), Monaro VXR 6.0 LS2, insignia 2.0t sidi vx-line nav (289bhp), V22VXR Vectra VXR Black, Black carbon Flash Insignia VX-Line Nav...215bhp, Astra Gte 2.0l Bertone! MK1 Gte, MK2 Gte 16v, Vectra Gsi 3.2, VXR8 LS2, Astra VXRacing 483.

Are you VXR enough? Treacle_6773's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dannyp27 View Post
    I'm wondering also if anyone can shed any light on this pre cat pipe removal? I know it's not a handling mod but just been doing some hunting and found myself on regal.
    I got mine from a German tuning company called Friedrich Motorsport. You can search them or find their parts on eBay (search OPC rather than VXR though). A nice saving compared to Regal/Courts etc. but top quality parts. Got the turbo heatshield brackets and sensors in the correct positions too. Had absolutely no problems with mine and been running that for about 3k miles. Definitely worth a look anyway.

Are you VXR enough? Treacle_6773's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vxrossco View Post
    for the discs have a look on Ebay for mtec cheaper than ebc gd1460 which I've now gone through three sets of.

I'm due to get my first mtec ones through today for the front but I've used them on the rear and the quality is great
    +1. Had Mtecs on my old 206 GTi 180 and they were awesome! Just got a full set for the Vec and yellow stuff pads too. Give or take £400 all-in IIRC. Bedding in nicely for the past 200 miles.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast