Closed Thread
    VXRed blooded

Talking Corsa VXR clutch help pls!

Hello,

Kindly ask for your opinions and advices as I own a 2008 Astra H GTC Z16 LET (same engine as the Corsa VXR) and I need to replace my clutch kit.
    Car has done 85.000 miles and this will be my third kit.
    Car is stock, no engine mods, no nothing, but it seems that the flywheel lets go. Dunno why, first one got replaced with a genuine OEM double mass flywheel at 35.000 miles and after another 45.000 miles the second one needs replacing. Same issue as the first.
    Am thinking of going for a single mass flywheel kit as I have read that they are immortal and will stop this flywheel madness.

What are your opinions?
    Was thinking to go for Regal's stage two kit (link indicated below):

http://regal-auto.co.uk/shop/transmi...0mm-p-723.html

Please advise if you have them on your car and/if you suggest anything else? Better?
    Thank you kindly for your help!
    Will be waiting for your feedback.

Are you VXR enough?

more reliable but more rugged from what i hear. i would opt for single mass all the time. tbese dual mass flywheels give nothing but trouble

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by adamb87 View Post
    more reliable but more rugged from what i hear. i would opt for single mass all the time. tbese dual mass flywheels give nothing but trouble
    Yes, you are right here. I will be able to make a comparison after (hopefully) at least another 80.000 miles on the same clutch kit (and gearbox cause I had bearings damage here also).

VXRed blooded

No opinions? Nobody? Really?

VXRed

A solid flywheel will last a lot longer than a dual mass flywheel, however vehicles are fitted with dual mass to essentially reduce some of the engine harshness when taking up drive... thus meaning your Astra will feel a lot harsher when releasing the clutch. This harshness varies from vehicle to vehicle so for example if you did a solid flywheel conversion on a 1.9 Diesel Astra it may feel significantly harsher than in your 1.6 Petrol Astra. It would also be worth keeping hold of your old dual mass flywheel just in case you decide to swap back from sf to dmfw so that you can reference your old dmfw against a new one! Hope this helps... Oh also an uprated may reduce the life of a standard dual mass flywheel, however it would be fine on a standard solid flywheel

Closed Thread