Closed Thread

Default New CIM now driver side AFL points to the ground

Picked my car up from a not so local vx garage today, horn wasn't working which they diagnosed as the CIM module and wiring.

So that is all replaced and horn works fine now, however driving home I noticed the drivers side AFL is now pointing straight down... Moves left and right fine so its something to do with the auto leveling.

Does anyone have any ideas? Does changing the CIM+wiring involve anything near the headlights, wondering if they've forgotten to plug the motor back in or something? Had a peak through the flap in the arch but cant see much without taking the whole light out.

I'll phone them tomorrow but its a 40 minute drive each way, I have work and I have my MOT Saturday morning (somewhere more local) so need it fixed before then really but doubt it'll happen.

I also asked them to service the car, which they didn't so overall not that pleased!

Thanks
    Josh

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

I would say not related, cim is not near the headlight

They also updated the software apparently and did a few bits with the tech2 relating to the CIM, but can't really see that being related to auto leveling either.

did they clean the car? see if you can see any damage to the wiring etc, could have been damaged by a jet wash.
    If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
    Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

Quote Originally Posted by oilysean View Post
    did they clean the car? see if you can see any damage to the wiring etc, could have been damaged by a jet wash.
    Unfortunately they did clean it, steamed up both headlights which I don't normally manage to do with snow foam/jetwash so they must have been going for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look into that then, to force that much water into them they may have done some damage.
    If you're not crashing, you're not trying hard enough

Blue Silicone hoses - Pipercross filter & Cross over delete -Midnight black interior - LED lights
    Team Hekos - 3'' turbo back cobra non res - Midnight Black Boot Strip - De-badged

They reset the lights via the tech 2 apparently and now it's fine.

Not sure why it would do that but at least they work now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread