Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Remus Sports Cat question

Hi all,

Im going to look at a vxr hopefully this weekend, I have been told that the engine light is on due to a turbo back remus exhaust that has a sports cat. Will a sports cat still pass an MOT? Im assuming seeing as the engine light is on it wont?

If it wont pass, will this fit the remus turbo back exhaust in place of the sports cat just to get it through the MOT thats due shortly?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-A...item3a8e571d97

It should pass on emissions but will fail due to light on the dash.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by tbarr View Post
    It should pass on emissions but will fail due to light on the dash.
    Ok cheers, any idea how you can keep a sports cat but get the EML to go? something to do with a sensor? not 100% sure, extended 02 sensor or something?

VXRed

http://www.just-performance.co.uk/o2...xtender-de-cat

Would that fix the issue? Would I need two or just one? Not sure how many sensors there will be

Sports cats are temperamental with putting the eml light on due to emissions. For example in my burg it can stay off for months, then randomly come on. I have a diagnostic kit and just turn the code off whenever it comes on.

It will pass the MOT though but the car will need to be very warm for it to do so!

As for removing the eml light permanently you'll need it reset via a diagnostic kit and a 90Degree 02 spacer. Sure you'll pick one up off eBay or Adam from enhance performance on here supplies them.

Either way you'll need the code reset. But the garage you're buying from should do this or pay for it done. If you live local to me (north east) I can do it for you.

Chris

VXRed

code reader tool and clear the dtc?

Closed Thread