Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MOT help

Right first things first the light ain't on cuz of the cat it's gotta be something else and he's just saying that to cover his back and pull the wool over yours eyes..it could be the lambda sensor is stuffed and they don't wanna pay out to replace it..best thing to do is get hold of a code reader and see why the light is on before you buy it or tell them to sort it before you buy etc

STAGE 4 Catch me if you can 😜

As said above I would see if you can get your hands on a code reader. If it is genuinely because of the sports cat then you can get lambda spacers to stop the light coming on. When it comes to passing an MOT as far as I'm aware if the tester gets the cat hot as they are supposed to then it should pass depending on the actually condition of the cat.

VXRed

so if the sports cat lets through more emissions that it should and the lambda sensor is reading high levels, would that cause EML? or would a faulty lambda cause the EML? So lets say i buy a new 300 cell cat, will the light go? or will it need a new sensor too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jak View Post
    so if the sports cat lets through more emissions that it should and the lambda sensor is reading high levels, would that cause EML? or would a faulty lambda cause the EML? So lets say i buy a new 300 cell cat, will the light go? or will it need a new sensor too?
    Well I've not long fitted my cobra 3" turbo back with a 200 cell sports car and the EML can on. Just got a spacer and stuffed some wire wool in it and popped the sensor back in and the light is now off

Give me a call
    the truth is out there
    part GSI part VXR
    tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

VXRed blooded

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel_vxr-arctic View Post
    Right first things first the light ain't on cuz of the cat it's gotta be something else and he's just saying that to cover his back and pull the wool over yours eyes..it could be the lambda sensor is stuffed and they don't wanna pay out to replace it..best thing to do is get hold of a code reader and see why the light is on before you buy it or tell them to sort it before you buy etc
    That's Not strictly true Ive had the EML light come on twice in the whole time ive owned my burg with the remus sports cat and that's was due to an emissions fault code!! but after disconnecting the battery for 10mins the eml light had gone off!

Never buy a car with EML light on unless you 100% no what is it i made this mistake years ago.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2