Closed Thread

Default RSS Lightweight Flywheel for Astra J VXR/OPC

Regal Autosport is pleased to announce new additions to our RSS Lightweight Flywheel range for the Astra J VXR/OPC models which is up to 64% lighter than OE…

Regal Autosports RSS Lightweight Flywheels are designed by Regal Autosport and manufactured from solid piece steel forgings in the UK. They are specifically designed to reduce mass for less intertia which significantly improved engine response.

RSS Lightweight Flywheel for Astra J VXR/OPC Product Highlights:
    • Stock Dual Mass Flywheel = 11.820KG, RSS Lightweight Flywheel 5.360KG
    • Mass Reduction of 6.46KG or 64%
    • Single Piece Billet Flywheel with Integrated Ring Gear (will not seperate)
    • Reduced Mass mean Less Inertia for Faster Engine Response
    • Designed for Fast-Road and Track use
    • Higher Reliability vs. Stock DMF Flywheel
    • Highly Recomended to be combined with a Sprung Clutch Kit

In-stock and ready for your orders, find yours, HERE
    |www.regalautosport.com|Online Shop|+44 (0) 2380 55 86 36|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram|Blog

|72-82 Belgrave Road, Southampton, SO17 3AN, UK|Monday to Friday 0800hrs – 1730hrs|

VXRed blooded

I would advise on making and another version with less weight reduction...somewhere around 8.5kgs...?
    Although the advantage is obvious for faster engine response, the actual weight of the flywheel is there for other reasons too.
    It has to tame parasitic resonances, keep the revs steady at idle, help the engine maintain it's inertia on sudden loads etc etc.
    It would be nice if one could select between a track spec item and a more tamed version.
    My 2c...

Quote Originally Posted by soundofvoid View Post
    I would advise on making and another version with less weight reduction...somewhere around 8.5kgs...?
    Although the advantage is obvious for faster engine response, the actual weight of the flywheel is there for other reasons too.
    It has to tame parasitic resonances, keep the revs steady at idle, help the engine maintain it's inertia on sudden loads etc etc.
    It would be nice if one could select between a track spec item and a more tamed version.
    My 2c...
    Thanks for the feedback but we've found this chosen mass to be the ideal for a good compromise between fast road and track use (heavy enough to contain enough inertia for good driveability i.e. start/stop driving and light enough to feel significant gains in engine response). If a ''track'' only solution was requested, we still have a fair amount of mass to remove.
    Last edited by Regal; 15th May 2014 at 01:38 PM.
    |www.regalautosport.com|Online Shop|+44 (0) 2380 55 86 36|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram|Blog

|72-82 Belgrave Road, Southampton, SO17 3AN, UK|Monday to Friday 0800hrs – 1730hrs|

Closed Thread