Closed Thread

Thread: need help !

VXRed

Default need help !

Hi guys, had my coil pack replaced back in January as the original one fried. Last night I turned the key and its running on 3 cylinders ? Engine management light is always on due to decat but it was flashing then the service/electrical fault light came on.

Took the coilpack out and 3&4 smell like fuel (like they should) but 1 and 2 smell burnt. Bt then after putting everything back in it ran fine on idle for abput 15 min....soon as I drove it, it went back to running on 3 cylinders ? Then I left it overnight and turn the key in the morning and its fine again even after driving a bit ?

Anyone know if it would be the coilpack again or something more serious like an injector or possible ECU problem ?

Get it plugged into a code reader as there may be others codes other than the emissions for the decat.
    - Corsa VXR Blue Edition -
    Progress Thread
    Now Sold!

Now awaiting delivery of the new Type R
    Instagram: danielstorton

VXRed

Did that mate and said misfire on cylinder 4 but that coil and plug seem fine ?

VXRed blooded

Have you disconnected the battery?

Disconnect it for 10 mins can't promise you it will work but worth a shot.

VXRed

I've not no mate, its working fine just now but just concious about it going again once the warranty for the coilpack runs out. I'll give that a bash though

Closed Thread