Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    VXRed

Hmmm ok this sucks, I've got a quote second hand one for 329 or recondition mine for 250 smackers

What is vx I'm new to this

Vauxhall

VXRacing ahead

320 for a new turbo dont sound too bad

VXRacing ahead

you did buy 7 year old car to be fair and trading standards cant do anything as its a private sale as the seller will just say i didnt know so unless you can prove he did know your ****** why buy a car like this is you cant afford the repairs go get yourself a corsa le

Are you VXR enough?

Sounds like he sold it for this very reason, no signs of smoke etc when you bought it? Have you been treating it carfully?

Ouch. Ur a bit stuffed unless u can prove the seller was at fault which is difficult. Might cost u a few quid to try through small claims court, hav a wee chat with a legal person.

Hav the car assessed by VX to see what damage it's gona do to ur wallet. Good luck bud
    Corsa VXR 24/01/14
    AFLs, 18s, Tints, Ice Blue Footwell Lights, Hekos, Burg splitter, CS panel filter, 3 piece Remus, black JSPerformance boost hoses. Red coolant hoses to come!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craigvxr92 View Post
    you did buy 7 year old car to be fair and trading standards cant do anything as its a private sale as the seller will just say i didnt know so unless you can prove he did know your ****** why buy a car like this is you cant afford the repairs go get yourself a corsa le
    Bit harsh mate

nec aspera terrent kris the kingo 1987's Avatar

40,000 miles and 7 years old makes no difference, a cars turbo shouldn't pop with these stats

I would put it down to the way the previous owner treated the car IMHO!

VXRacing ahead

got my vxr start of the year from evans halshaw and the turbo was ****** when i got it took it back the next day and they replaced it

Quote Originally Posted by Craigvxr92 View Post
    Harsh but sadly true....I really do feel for you!! Worst feeling ever!
    My advice would be to speak to your rents and tell them you want your next 5 years Christmas and Birthday money to get this repaired. I think it's pointless chasing for money of a private seller and will end up causing more heartache.

When the cars fixed, see if you can get on the AA Parts and Breakdown cover! Would highly recommend it for non wear and tear for like £10 a month. My old Golf TDI's Duel Mass Fly Wheel failed and the AA paid £500 no questions asked. You can use it upto 5x times a year so it helps with issues like this.

Hope you get it sorted mate and keep us upto date!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast