Closed Thread
    VXR newbie

Exclamation reverse camera help.

hi all.
    ive just fitted a reverse camera/monitor.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2812158442...84.m1497.l2649

so far ive got
    red to ignition live
    black to ground and
    blue to switch so it is on when I need it. (don't want it on reverse switch.)
    for some reason the camera switches on when I flick the switch but will not show the picture without me switching between av sources 1st on the monitor.
    please does anyone know whats wrong. its a lot of messing about.

The only slow captain on vxro CaptainSlow's Avatar

You messaged/rung the geezer who sold it ya reference it?

Sent from my Nokia 3210 via tapatalk
    Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

try wiring the blue to a switch live too
    Dave

Email the seller and ask mate. If u start swapping wires round and overload it they won't refund u.

But let us know how u get on, posts some pics of it on and in ur motor mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    3" Full Scorpion System, 1.9 cdti box, K&N Filter, Steinmetz Top Grill, Custom maps frm San Speed, 18" White Alloys, Blue Turbo Hose Kit, Vacuum Hose Kit, and Intake Hose Kit, Forge diviter valve, Boost Gauge(psi), Boost temp gauge, TXA Plenum, voltage staberlizer, debadged rear with white vx(r). Quaife LSD, White Plug cover with blue vx(r), Torque app for my phone, Vec C intKe pipe, Chrome Battery cover and heat shield

I would just stick to having it triggered from reverse but one thing I will say, if you have the camera run live all the time you will dramatically reduce its life and quality a lot sooner.

I set mine up on a relay so when I change into reverse the relay switches the live to camera and trigger wire to enable it on my CID then when out of reverse the relay is open and there is no power to the trigger wire or the camera. My front camera setup is via a push button switch which changes the view from CID to front view camera and this is powered by a switch live so when the car is off so are all the cameras.

Russ

That's cool mate that on a cd nav 70? What camera did u buy?

3" Full Scorpion System, 1.9 cdti box, K&N Filter, Steinmetz Top Grill, Custom maps frm San Speed, 18" White Alloys, Blue Turbo Hose Kit, Vacuum Hose Kit, and Intake Hose Kit, Forge diviter valve, Boost Gauge(psi), Boost temp gauge, TXA Plenum, voltage staberlizer, debadged rear with white vx(r). Quaife LSD, White Plug cover with blue vx(r), Torque app for my phone, Vec C intKe pipe, Chrome Battery cover and heat shield

For the rear I bought one of these. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321433072348 and installed it between the 2 plate lights (bit of extra light when reversing at night).

For the front I had to go a bit bigger to cater for night vision (2 infra red led's) but this will be repositioned into the lower grill (still testing things out).

All running via a CID Interface board that you put inside the CID to act as a go between for the cameras, 4 sources (1 SVHS shared with RCA) so I have rear on source 1, front on source 2 and gopro on source 3 (svhs not used).

Overall an expensive solution but it is OEM+ so I think it is great.

Russ

Where did u get the cid interface board that u put inside the cid?

£180 from GazzaC on this forum or you can buy one from Romania for a little less but they are a bit temperamental with some of the parts as I understand it from a few people who have bought them from romania.

Russ

I bought one off ebay, good, but not cheap
    Dave

Closed Thread