Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vxr8 gts 2012

VXRed blooded

You will love the exhaust........................the noise can kill sheep at 50 yards. Hahaa.

VXRed

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge 4x4 View Post
    You will love the exhaust........................the noise can kill sheep at 50 yards. Hahaa.
    lol Holiday makers too I hope

VXRed

One thing I am looking forward too if what people are saying about the exhaust's is true is the fact that I have 6 tunnels on a 8 mile loop 1 mile from my house so should be perfect for letting that V8 noise out

VXR enough

Hi Sarge 4x4

Maybe I like Marmite buy maybe I don't, simple thing is maybe it's a bit toooooooooooo new and people sometimes have a job accepting a new'ish shape and maybe they are out of some peoples pockets. This is the very best set of wheels I have ever owned and cannot see me changing unless HSV produce a better one.

The pocket point is interesting. Presume the ultimate VXR8 if money is no object is bought brand new and taken straight to Walkinshaw or Monkfish for the full Monty, exhaust, brakes, suspension, supercharger, cams etc...by now your running close to new M5 territory or (and without looking on Autotrader to see the prices so off the top of my head) a second hand Audi R8 or maybe a Nissan GTR or something with a Porsche badge on it? For me £ for £ the VXR8 was the cheapest way of getting into the 400bhp with an Auto gearbox brigade and anything i can do beyond that including the Catback exhaust is a bonus When I get out of the car in town into my wheelchair I do get a lot of looks Not seen a GTS or a Gen F in the metal so reserving judgement on the appearance, but if I did have the £ they would be my first two ports of call.

VXRed blooded

All credit to you.

You don't need much on the Gen-F as most is standard. But with petrol in my veins it's a must for more power.

VXR enough

You don't need much on the Gen-F as most is standard. But with petrol in my veins it's a must for more power.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and even with a brand new Gen-F you've still got the muffled exhaust and restricted cam, just those two changes are significant I would imagine. At the risk of moving into territory I know very little about I presume the Gen-F uses the LS9 engine as its base?

LSA

(Which the forum keeps changing to lower case - even when I type it all in capitals

VXRed blooded

This is what's been done by WP to my Gen-F.

Stage 2 kit
    Cold air induction
    Supercharger drive pulley
    Overdriven balancer pulley
    Hi – flow injectors
    160 degree thermostat
    ECU Recalibration.

Addition to above:
    Cam & double valve springs

Power: 760BHP
    Torque: 760lbft

And the result was almost 100%, BHP up 1.9 and Torque down 6lbft. It's amazing.

VXR enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge 4x4 View Post
    This is what's been done by WP to my Gen-F.

And the result was almost 100%, BHP up 1.9 and Torque down 6lbft. It's amazing.
    Wow, that is amazing and I am sure its on every other members Santa Wishlist Did you buy the car with stock supercharged specs and drive it and then have this work done so have experianced both power levels, or did you take it straight to Walkinshaw with zero miles on the clock? Would love to know how it felt to go from one to the other?

Another question which interests me if you will indulge is, does the launch control work for any power level or is it calibrated for the stock car?

For that money I'd get a gtr if not vxr8

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast