+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    I take it all this requires a full cid screen unit to work?
    It depends on which features you are looking at. Basically the Comfort Unit will work with vehicles and headunit / display configurations described on Page 2 of this PDF - http://www.pepas.cz/wp-content/uploa...CU-01_LAST.pdf

However for multimedia, reversing camera, revised startup screens etc. (in fact all options requiring a colour display), you would need a full colour full canbus CID.

HTH
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    It depends on which features you are looking at. Basically the Comfort Unit will work with vehicles and headunit / display configurations described on Page 2 of this PDF - http://www.pepas.cz/wp-content/uploa...CU-01_LAST.pdf

However for multimedia, reversing camera, revised startup screens etc. (in fact all options requiring a colour display), you would need a full colour full canbus CID.

HTH
    Oh right. Thought so.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Default Digital Speedo ? Km/h for the EU or MP/h for the UK ?

Driving Abroad in 2017 ? Fancy a Digital Speedo showing KM/h ? Or, are you in the UK driving a European Vectra-C / Signum / Astra-H or Zafira-B and would like a Digital Speedo showing Miles Per Hour rather than trying to cope with a KM/h standard speedo ?

Well you can do this Digital Alternative Speedo option with a Comfort Unit installed in a compatible vehicle.

After an existing UK member / user asked whether he could display the digital speedo option showing his vehicle speed in KM/h instead of in Miles/h for when driving in France, I checked out the "options"

Yes, your Comfort Unit will display a digital speedo readout showing kilometres per hour rather than in miles per hour (or MPH rather than your standard European Speedo readout) if the settings for the main display itself are changed.

This could prove to be an extremely useful feature for drivers travelling abroad in UK vehicles, or when in the UK with European LHD vehicles, especially when used with the overspeed warning settings.

For the benefit of existing customers, just follow the settings changes below -

The digital speedometer "units" can be selected in the Standard Display
    Settings Menu
    -Settings / Units / Europe-SI (km/h) or Great Britain
    (Imperial units - mph).
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

Well this maybe look like a bit of sucking up post but have had some difficult times electrically with a mix of display/aux/video issue's but luckily after trying local and online with not much luck I turned to Woody and Josef/Pepasz who spent time time looking through part numbers, diagrams etc to give me a couple solution's which thankfully have cured some gremlins I was having.

Have to say if your bit unsure on approaching woody (i was originally new face etc etc) don't be get in there chat to/meet him they will most likely have something to suit your need's. CU can really give those looking for gauge's and unsure, what n where to fit etc these will give you up to 6 items to display on your screen gauges wise with other options for video's, camera's, USB music capability etc all with added advantage of interior looking completely normal and nothing tempting in view for them thriving *****.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Default BARGAIN - 1 ONLY 2nd User Comfort Unit offered for sale

Right now, I have one 2nd User Comfort Unit available for sale at the special price of £100 including postage.

First come, first served.

Price includes the usual lifetime free firmware updates.

This module is only a few months old, and is fully up to date for firmware.

Go ahead and grab one of these rare bargains while you can

One unit only available for £100 INCLUDING postage.

Payment via paypal as a gift, or, you pay the fee

Cheers

Woody

NOW SOLD
    Last edited by Woody; 10th March 2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Default Comfort Unit - New Features

Having dealt with some questions from an Astra-H Vxr driver today, I realise that Vx drivers may not appreciate the availability of several new features offered by the latest version of the Comfort Unit Firmware

Z28NEH Z28NEL Z28NET Engines (including the Vxr)

Z20LEH Z20LEL Z20LER Engines

If you have a Vectra-C / Signum / Astra-H / Zafira-B with one of the above engines, a full range of live engine data can now be monitored full time on a suitable Vx display. This can be selected from either the headunit buttons, or the steering wheel controls, or, where the original Vx headunit has been replaced with an aftermarket unit, via the steering wheel controls if you can still access the Vx screen from the steering wheel.

Here is a link to download a supplemental PDF file to explain the newer features. A youtube video link to show the ECM in action is viewable in post #1 on this thread.

http://www.pepas.cz/wp-content/uploa...on_ParList.pdf

For all suitable vehicles, in addition to the above, the latest firmware offers a light dependant coming home lighting for those cars equipped with autolights and when the daylight (night time) condition is such that headlamps were active just prior to switching off the ignition.

Another new feature is the option to select the front foglights for use as DRL's when the main/sidelights are switched off.

A "free" firmware upgrade is available to ALL customers who have purchased their units through me. All you are required to pay is the cost of the return carriage.

All new CU's are being shipped with the latest version of the firmware.

Any questions ? Well you know how to get hold of me

Best wishes to all

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Great news

I have today taken delivery of a new consignment of Comfort Units together with a VCU-01 Video Module and CAM-PS Reversing Camera Power Switch.

These are, as always, available for collection from me in Warrington, or, for Next Day Delivery via Royal Mail's Before 1pm Special Delivery Tracked and Signed For Service.

You know how to reach me

Cheers Guys

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

How would I go about displaying a rear view camera on my new cid bn screen? I have nothing but the basics at present
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Quote Originally Posted by w20adm View Post
    How would I go about displaying a rear view camera on my new cid bn screen? I have nothing but the basics at present
    Hi and thanks for your enquiry

To add a reversing camera you will Video Module either a VCU-01 or a VCU-02, together witn a CAM-PS Power Switch. You will also need an NTSC type (NOT PAL) Reversing Camera from elsewhere (typically Ebay).

To determine whether you need an 01 or an 02 Video Module you will need to decide whether at some point you will also want a Comfort Unit as well. This is because the VCU-01 is menu driven from the CU menu, whereas the VCU-02 which although being almost identical has its own menu system. This means that if you decide to opt for no CU and go for a VCU-02, then you will NOT be able to add a CU at a later stage because they are NOT COMPATIBLE.

There is additional wiring work needed for this setup and if you are not comfortable with this, then further help is available which can be discussed as necessary once you have downloaded and read through the VCU-01/02 installation PDF file from the link in post #1 on this thread

Should you wish to discuss this further, or ask any unanswered questions, please drop me a PM with your phone number and I will be happy to discuss this with you on the phone

HTH

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14