+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Comfort Unit & Video Modules - Enhance with this range of products by www.PepaS.cz

I am delighted to be the UK / Eire distributor for a number of products that are designed to enhance and provide additional information on the range of Opel / Vauxhall CANBus factory-fitted head units – CD30, CD30 MP3, CDC40 OPERA, CD50 PHONE, CD70 Navi or DVD90 Navi, Touch & Connect infotainment units or other unoriginal units, and with steering wheel remote controls.

These Comfort Unit & Complimentary Video Modules were designed and manufactured from the outset by Josef at www.PepaS.cz

This designer / manufacturer has spent many years of code dis-assembly and understanding of the original OEM instruction sets built into these GM headunits and displays. From there he has produced some highly desirable modules, which once fitted, will almost certainly leave you feeling as though they were built to be there from the outset by GM and their Suppliers.

Comfort Unit - Adding a Comfort Unit to your compatable Headunit & Display, (it simply plugs into the OBD Diagnostic port under the ashtray) will allow you to view Additional Diagnostic Information, Monitor DPF (Diesels with DPF), Boost (Turbo Engines Only), and Aircon Pressure (ECC Units only) “See” a Parking Sensor Display of what your Factory Parking Sensors are “seeing”, view digital readings for Speed & Temperature, Add Coming Home Lights and VXR style Dial / Needle Sweep and Startup Dial Lights to the dashboard and also add an OverSpeed Warning Beep. If you have a VXR engine, then even more features for monitoring performance are available.

Video Modules – Adding a Reversing Camera and Video Aux In / Alternate Video to a CID Colour Display - With a Comfort Unit already in place, adding fully menu driven Video is as simple as connecting a VCU-01 module (or a VCU-02 if you do not require a Comfort Unit as well) and then you can make use of video options such as a Reversing Camera, or Multimedia (if you have auxilliary sound already) if your vehicle has a Colour Display Screens (CID). When video is connected via this arrangement, all original screen warnings related to the operation of the vehicle will still function as intended unlike some other products on the market.

The Comfort Unit - CU

CU + VCU-01 User Guide:
    Zafira-B OCU-ZB-IK installation Guide (using mounting bracket)

The Video Converter Unit - VCU-01

Adding Video Aux Input to your Vauxhall / Opel Colour Screen

Demo Videos

VCU-01 Installation Guide:

The Video Converter Unit - VCU-02

Demo Video:

VCU-02 Installation Guide:

Power Supply Module RASP-PSM + Case for the SBC Raspberry Pi

Camera Power Switch – CAM-PS / Reversing Camera for OPEL/Vauxhall - CVBS NTSC video output

Wireless RC for the Raspberry Pi

OPEL Insignia/Meriva-B AUX/USB/SD-card slot for the Raspberry Pi

GM Part Number - 13363146, part code 1787032

NEW 3.8di - For Vxr / OPC Engines - The Very Latest Comfort Unit Firmware version 3.8di is now available - The update adds ECM data for Z28NET, Z28NEL, Z28NEH, Z20LEX and Z20NET engines as well as Full Needle Sweep for non Vxr's and Coming Home Lighting.

The FIRMWARE Change Log Summary as follows :-
    MFD-CAN_2.9e – added UK Imperial units support
    MFD-CAN_3.0e – added Z13DTH ECM support
    MFD-CAN_3.1e – added #3 (RGB+S) video input support on the VCU-01 & installation without CD70/DVD90Navi
    MFD-CAN_3.4e – added configuration and DPF data is saved to the FLASH memory of the microprocessor in the CU to EEPROM, acoustic overspeed warning function, digital speedometer on the display function, modified function "Alert on engine heated up", amended - if "Alert on engine heated up" & " Close msg. box manually" configuration items are active and coolant temperature is less than 80 degrees Celsius then coolant temperature is automatically displayed on the GID/CID (if "On Info-Display" is selected) or on the IPC (if "On Info-Display" is selected). In this mode, the coolant temperature displaying is automatically deactivated when the temperature reaches 80 degrees Celsius.
    MFD-CAN _3.6di - Catering specifically for Vectra 2.8 Vxr/OPC owners. The update added ECM data for Z28NET, Z28NEL, Z28NEH engines.
    MFD-CAN_3.7di – Added the other Vxr/OPC model engine specific cars with Z20LEx and Z20NET engines.
    MFD-CAN_3.8di - Adds the VXR/OPC Needle Sweep & Full Instrument Panel Light illumination at startup and a new Coming Home Light option

Here are youtube video demos of the new features in action -

Latest - Vxr/OPC Software Update 3.8di

Z28NEX & Z20LEX ECM Monitor - User guide:

Pricing given in Post #2
    Last edited by Woody; 16th March 2016 at 09:16 PM.

PRICING (Excludes Carriage - Typically £7.50 using Royal Mail Special Tracked Next Day by 1pm Service)

Comfort Unit - £120

VCU-01 & VCU-02 - £180

CAM-PS - Camera Power Switch - £25

RaspberryPi 2 - £120
    This is for the RaspberryPi 2 complete, fitted with 12v Regulated Automotive PSU and Case, together with 8gb microSD together with Openelec OS with KODY (formerly XBMC) and media licenses for Audio & Video. (At this time I will not be supplying the Pi 3 which has integrated wifi and bluetooth. This is because these are fitted "onboard", and it is anticipated that users would need to disable these devices and fit external USB alternatives due to the Pi being fitted inside a screened Automotive case).

Wiring - For anyone who is "fazed" by the thought of "wiring", I can also supply a full set of prewired "plugs with 12" tails" for the Video Module, CAM-PS (Camera Power Switch), and Raspberry Pi2 case - All 3 for £10

RGB Cable Modification with a VCU-01 or VCU-02 Video module - For the more daunting task of modifying the RGB cable, then I can help with a contact of mine who will do this work for you for a cost of £30 posted.

1 metre "Y" Fully Wired 16 Pin OBD Cable Splitters - £13
    I have managed to find a manufacturer who can supply me with fully wired (all 16 pins) "Y" Cable OBD Splitter Cables made with 90 degree exits and ribbon cable so they are both extremely flexible, and also neat and tidy when installed.

Fitting one of these would mean that you could leave your Comfort Unit connected while you further connect a diagnostic reader to your car. (I should add that the Y Splitters I have found available until now are NOT fully wired and do not support the idea of adding a Comfort Unit via this method). PLEASE NOTE That when actually PROGRAMMING any of the modules in the car (ie while Re-Mapping / Retrofitting etc), the Comfort Unit MUST BE DISCONNECTED from the vehicle beforehand.

I am also able to offer an AUX In Retrofitting Service for the CD70 & DVD90 Headunits
    with a special price for forum members and carried out on my behalf by PepaS.

CD70/DVD90 Aux In Retrofitting - The cost of this (Priced in Euros) including all parts, fitting, and firmware update is €50 + Return via UPS €23 (Approx £56 at 5/6/2017), plus the cost of your courier service (eg Parcel Monkey costs around £18 - A Total All In Cost of around £74 including carriage both ways.

As a further part of the service offered via my arrangements with PepaS, I am showing the costs/charges for Firmware Updates and Security Code Retrieval of the headunit and display modules associated with this range of vehicles.

All charges / costs for this work are shown in EUROS (€).

Please note that no soldering or dismantling of the equipment / modules is carried out during the update/upgrade process.

The cost of Return Transport via UPS will need to be added to the charges shown. This is typically €23 and return delivery to UK usually takes 5 working days.

GID / CID Firmware Updates - 2 to 3 line Display conversions

Astra-H, Zafira-B GID firmware update: firmware version GD55/GD59
    (2-lines BC) -> GD83 (3-lines BC) - €40 + Postage

Astra-H, Zafira-B CID firmware update: firmware version CD55/CD59
    (2-lines BC) -> CD83 (3-lines BC and OPC/VXR startup logo) €40 + Postage

Vectra-C / Signum CID firmware update: firmware version CE55/CE59
    (2-lines BC) -> CE83 (3-lines BC and OPC/VXR startup logo) €40 + Postage

Astra-H, Zafira-B, Vectra-C / Signum GID/CID security code reading or resetting €20 + Postage
    CD70Navi, DVD90Navi security code reading or resetting - €40 + Postage

Please be aware that converting a display from 2 to 3 lines should only be undertaken for modules already paired and working in your car. It will also mean that you will lose the "miles remaining and navigate to nearest "Petrol station" option.

The new CID/GID display (GE83, GD83, CE83, CD83) can not be used in older cars (2005/06) in some rare cases. There is a problem in measuring the amount of fuel in the tank; the exact cause is unknown. The CID/GID must be firstly correctly configured in the car and then firmware update can be done. This pairing and configuration procedure must be guaranteed to have been carried out before modification otherwise there will be a problem with fuel measurements.

Once modified, if the range is less than 50 km then range is not displayed in the 3-line main window and the option to navigate to the nearest petrol station will "disappear".

For the security code reading of the CID/GID service with a paired set of headunit / display modules, only the smaller and lighter of the 2 units, ie the display, would need to be sent away for the code to be retrieved.

For complete reading and reprogramming of a new code, both items will need to be sent off.

The service will involve you sending the headunit only to the Czech Republic and will take approximately 3 weeks (2 of which will be travel time). No external wiring is provided and so you will need to add this yourself afterwards. Payment should be by Wire Transfer, Paypal, or the comparatively new Transferwise Service. If paying via Paypal the cost will be 4% higher due to the Paypal Fee.

I can however personally recommend the Transferwise Service offered here - https://transferwise.com/?utm_source...fhixoCwQPw_wcB

This will allow you to pay online in Euros with a Visa or Mastercard Bank Debit Card with a fee which is a small fraction of the charge typically levied by banks in the UK.

PLEASE NOTE - THIS PRODUCT RANGE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THE INSIGNIA

I will be pleased to answer any questions you may have either by PM, or you can email me at - woodpeck54@gmail.com

12/5/2016 - 3 Line Firmware Display Promotion

To launch the 2 New PepaS Alternative 3 Line Displays, I am pleased to announce a Special Promotion.

The 3 line display upgrade to a Colour Information Display (CID) will offer a revised choice of animated graphic screens on startup. However, the existing animations are indeed very limited.

So, this offers you 2 additional alternative ROM Updates with some unique animated screens for VXR / OPC options.

For a limited time, I am now going to offer the three line update, with either the original GM screens, Or one of the 2 new screens shown below, free of charge (you just pay the postage).

This special offer is open to existing and new, customers of mine with PepaS products.

Please PM me for the exact cost details for carriage etc, BUT effectively, for the cost of post only, you can take advantage of this deal shown below) if you are an existing or new PepaS/Woody Customer.

If you would like the standard Vx 3 line display conversion on a CID display, then this is also available for this promotion for the same price.

So, you have already purchased a Comfort Unit, or a VCU-02 ? Yes you are elligible , If not, just get yourself a Comfort Unit, or a VCU-02 ordered, so as to qualify for this bargain offer for €23 (euros) ie around £15.75

Please PM me for more details as needed

The "Start Up" and "Shutdown" screens are here -

Standard 3 line display firmware options

Startup Logo – OPEL Animated

Startup / Shutdown Logo - HOLDEN

Startup / Shutdown Logo - CHEVROLET

Startup / Shutdown Logo - VAUXHALL

Startup / Shutdown Logo - OPEL OPC / VAUXHALL VXR

The "PepaS Alternative" 3 line display firmware alternative options for OPC

OPC - Animated OPC Startup with Still Opel Shutdown

The "PepaS Alternative" 3 line display firmware alternative options for VXR

VXR - Animated VXR Startup with Still Vauxhall Shutdown

Youtube Demonstration Videos of the PepaS Alternative OPC and VXR startup/shutdown screens in and working

OPC CID - New Startup Animated OPC Logo with Static Opel Shutdown Logo

VXR CID - New Startup Animated VXR Logo with Static Vauxhall Shutdown Logo

PS - For viewers watching the youtube VXR video, please note that unfortunately the video capture "started" with the headunit shutting down - To visualise the finished product, you should start to "take note" around 8 seconds into the video to get the "complete picture"

Woody
    Last edited by Woody; 26th April 2018 at 09:30 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Hi woody,

I after something to enhance the CID including video in my zaf, and this could be what I'm after...
    I will keep checking this thread and keep an eye on the links....

Rob
    Broken zafira vxr....
    Now replaced with a black zaf vxr!

So what if I have an Aftermarket Non OEM Headunit ?

If you have changed headunits, all is not lost

The Comfort Unit can also be easily controlled using your Left Steering Wheel controls and the menus and options are displayed and selectable exactly the same as if you still had your original GM Headunit.

The same goes for the Video Modules (VCU-01 & VCU-02) and so all of these items can be fitted to vehicles with either the Factory Headunit, or an Aftermarket Model as long as your GID / CID is compatable with the models shown in the PDF's and that you have the "Facelift Type" of steering wheel controls.

Ready to treat yourself to a New Year Update ?

A new consignment of Comfort Units received here today (January 2015), so one of these might just have your name on it

PM or Email me with any Sales Enquiries or other questions on installation.
    Last edited by Woody; 11th January 2015 at 11:56 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

Hi just to confirm they are still working on a z20leh software so it can show boost??

What kind of video input would someone have to use for films??

I have a CID working of cd30 but not sure what would be used to play a film or something. Be handy when waiting somewhere for ferries/people etc
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

I'm gonna order one this week, will let you know what I reckon. Gonna start with the Comfort unit, and possible the video, but need to sort out screens for the kids to watch too...

Has the Z20LEx version update been released as yet?
    Broken zafira vxr....
    Now replaced with a black zaf vxr!

As a part of the service offered via my arrangements with PepaS, I am showing the costs/charges for Firmware Updates and Security Code Retrieval of the headunit and display modules associated with this range of vehicles.

All charges / costs for this work are shown in EUROS (€).

Please note that no soldering or dismantling of the equipment / modules is carried out during the update/upgrade process.

The cost of Return Transport via UPS will need to be added to the charges shown. This is typically €15 and return delivery to UK usually takes 5 working days.

GID / CID Firmware Updates - 2 to 3 line Display conversions

Astra-H, Zafira-B GID firmware update: firmware version GD55/GD59
    (2-lines BC) -> GD83 (3-lines BC) - €40 + Postage

Astra-H, Zafira-B CID firmware update: firmware version CD55/CD59
    (2-lines BC) -> CD83 (3-lines BC and OPC/VXR startup logo) €40 + Postage

Vectra-C / Signum CID firmware update: firmware version CE55/CE59
    (2-lines BC) -> CE83 (3-lines BC and OPC/VXR startup logo) €40 + Postage

Astra-H, Zafira-B, Vectra-C / Signum GID/CID security code reading or resetting €20 + Postage
    CD70Navi, DVD90Navi security code reading or resetting - €40 + Postage

Please be aware that converting a display from 2 to 3 lines should only be undertaken for modules already paired and working in your car. It will also mean that you will lose the "miles remaining and navigate to nearest "Petrol station" option.

The new CID/GID display (GE83, GD83, CE83, CD83) can not be used in older cars (2005/06) in some rare cases. There is problem in measuring the amount of fuel in the tank; the exact cause is unknown. The CID/GID must be firstly correctly configured in the car and then firmware update can be done. This pairing and configuration procedure must be guaranteed to have been carried out before modification otherwise there will be a problem with fuel measurements.

Once modified, if the range is less than 50 km then range is not displayed in the 3-line main window and the option to navigate to the nearest petrol station will "disappear".

For the security code reading of the CID/GID service with a paired set of headunit / display modules, only the smaller and lighter of the 2 units, ie the display, would need to be sent away for the code to be retrieved.

For complete reading and reprogramming of a new code, both items will need to be sent off.

CD70/DVD90 Aux In Retrofitting - The cost of this including all parts, fitting, and firmware update is €50 + Return via UPS €15

Please PM me, or email me - woodpeck54@gmail.com if you have any specific questions.
    Last edited by Woody; 1st March 2016 at 01:55 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Sound was put in to thinking mode when saw remotes, pics of usb stick and my was not on form I was coming to conclusion I just needed a usb stick/portable hard drive to connect to it all, almost to easy for a minute

Will wait for z20 info for now, but I am definitely interested as gets me over my gauge/film issue's.
    Last edited by EdOPCburg; 30th June 2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Quote Originally Posted by EdOPCburg View Post
    Sound was put in to thinking mode when saw remotes, pics of usb stick and my was not on form I was coming to conclusion I just needed a usb stick/portable hard drive to connect to it all, almost to easy for a minute

Will wait for z20 info for now, but I am definitely interested as gets me over my gauge/film issue's.
    Thank you for the reply matey

> Hi just to confirm they are still working on a z20leh software so it can show boost??

The boost pressure is already displayed. Right now work is underway on
    development of the advanced ECM monitor which will display more engine
    parameters than boost.

> What kind of video input would someone have to use for films??
    > I have a CID working of cd30 but not sure what would be used to play a film or something.

The Raspberry Pi is an ideal choice as in-car multimedia centre. I am in the process of installing one myself.

> I just needed a usb stick/portable hard drive to connect to it all

yes but in-car you could install a very handy Meriva-B AUX/USB/SD-card slot
    (Vx spare part), please look on the first post.

I hope this helps and gives you some more to think about

Kind regards
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Anyone going to Billing ?

PM me for details of some "specials" available at Billing on Sunday 13th July

Don't leave it until the "last minute" fellas, I will only have a few units available for a discounted sale at Billing

EDIT - Unfortunately I was unfit to travel to Billing as originally planned but hope to make the Hull Motor Show next month.
    Last edited by Woody; 14th July 2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast