+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Hi bud, thanks for your earlier intervention mate

Ok well it all depends on whether or not you want the facilities offered by the comfort unit or not ? If you want all the monitoring info provided by the comfort unit (I'm talking about parking sensor display, boost guage, charging data, voltage, temperature etc etc, then you will need both a Comfort Unit AND a VCU-01 Video module which as you will probably have already read, needs to be connected inline with the RGB cable. If however you do not require the data just mentioned, then you can connect a VCU-02 in line for camera use.

Please note however that if you do later decide you would like the offerings of a Comfort Unit then you will need to buy both a Comfort Unit AND a VCU-01 because the VCU-02 is not compatable for use with a Comfort Unit whereas the VCU-01 obviously is.

Depending on whether you wish to use the full features of the reversing camera, ie, the camera view stays live for around 10 seconds after driving off in first gear (a safety feature that enable you to make sure you didn't leave any "Road Kill" behind ... I joke obviously then you should also purchase a CAM-PS module to achieve this.

I have all items in stock, the only items you need to purchase seperately are the NTSC Camera of your choice from any one of the many offering these on eBay.

Prices -
    Comfort Unit - £120 Posted
    VCU-01 or VCU-02 - £170 posted
    CAM-PS - £20 with free postage if included with the above

Hope that helps fella
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Glad I was quick enough to intervene lol.
    Cool. The more I think about it if I bought this I would probably kick myself for not having all the features available so would go for the vcu 01.
    Thanks woody its given me something to think about. What I like is the extra features without all the unsightly clutter of wires etc as its all in one unit and doesnt bring unwanted attention when the cars parked up.
    Thanks again for getting back to me on this and I'll deffo be in touch in the not to distant future but in the meantime be prepared for some "pm's" with more questions regarding the unit
    Cheers bud
    Vectra

No problem mate, fire away
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Thank you for the reply matey

> Hi just to confirm they are still working on a z20leh software so it can show boost??

The boost pressure is already displayed. Right now work is underway on
    development of the advanced ECM monitor which will display more engine
    parameters than boost.

> What kind of video input would someone have to use for films??
    > I have a CID working of cd30 but not sure what would be used to play a film or something.

The Raspberry Pi is an ideal choice as in-car multimedia centre. I am in the process of installing one myself.

> I just needed a usb stick/portable hard drive to connect to it all

yes but in-car you could install a very handy Meriva-B AUX/USB/SD-card slot
    (Vx spare part), please look on the first post.

I hope this helps and gives you some more to think about

Kind regards

Sorry missed this reply.

Thanks great help, extra parameters sounds great I will be in touch soon as all is available.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Quote Originally Posted by EdOPCburg View Post
    Sorry missed this reply.

Thanks great help, extra parameters sounds great I will be in touch soon as all is available.
    Thanks for your reply.

And have no fear, I will post again as soon as I have more information on the new ECM firmware availability
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Just a quick update on the Vxr ECM update to the Comfort Unit.

Having spoken with the manufacturer today I am fairly confident that the revised firmware to cover the remainder of the Vxr Engine range, will be available
    ........................... Within the next 2 weeks guys
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

VXR ECM Coverage on the Comfort Unit

The latest firmware which now offers this set of "special" options aimed specifically at VXR Owners is released Friday 15th August 2014 (ver 3.7di)

The downloadable PDF addendum showing these specific features is available to download:

NEW YouTube Video to Demonstrate the Special VXR ECM Features

What are you waiting for guys ? Limited stock available without entering into a backorder position.

Get this in your VXR and appreciate what GM/Vauxhall/Opel completely overlooked when offering these performance engines

First Come, First Served

Obviously all replacement stock will now be sold with this or later firmware.
    Last edited by Woody; 14th August 2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Wow that looks awesome... How much for the whole package for the astra? The one so i get all the options i'll ever need... Something to think about for a few months down the line.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Astra - Power Red
    Courtenay Sport - Stage 3

NOW: Astra J - White
    Let's see what happens with this one...

Hi HavoK,
    To have literally "everything" working, firstly you will need an Audio Aux Input in your headunit together with a compatable full colour display screen (CID).
    Can you confirm your headunit type, screen type and whether you have Audio Aux In available and then I will confirm the "kit" you might be considering.
    Thanks pal
    Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

VXRacing ahead

Do you do anything for the Touch & Connect?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast