+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Hi HavoK,
    To have literally "everything" working, firstly you will need an Audio Aux Input in your headunit together with a compatable full colour display screen (CID).
    Can you confirm your headunit type, screen type and whether you have Audio Aux In available and then I will confirm the "kit" you might be considering.
    Thanks pal
    Woody
    Not a problem
    Im running a CID screen along with a full colour eonon head unit with aux input etc and camera. Altho the original headunit is a cd30mp3

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Astra - Power Red
    Courtenay Sport - Stage 3

NOW: Astra J - White
    Let's see what happens with this one...

Hi HavoK,

I have discussed your setup and possible options and am not entirely clear what you wish to achieve, however, here are some comments / options for you to think over

My view would be that all you "need" is a CU with the latest Vxr firmware and you are "good to go".

> Not a problem Im running a CID screen along with a full colour eonon
    > head unit with aux input etc and camera. Altho the original headunit is
    > a cd30mp3

I do not understand exactly what is required configuration but there are these options:

A) standalone CU

B) CU + VCU-01 + CAM-PS:

EONON TV output (CVBS NTSC) connect to the VID #1
    Rear reverse camera connect to the VID #2

C) CU + VCU-01 + Raspberry Pi + CAM-PS:

Raspberry Pi video output connect to the VID #1
    Raspberry Pi audio output connect to the EONON audio input
    Rear reverse camera connect to the VID #2

D) CU + VCU-01 + Raspberry Pi + VID-MUX + CAM-PS:

Raspberry Pi video output connect to the VID #1
    Raspberry Pi audio output connect to the EONON audio input
    EONON TV output (CVBS NTSC) connect to the VID-MUX/VIN #1
    Rear reverse camera connect to the VID-MUX/VIN #2
    VID-MUX/OUT connect to the VID #2

VID-MUX block schematic diagram - http://www.pepas.cz/wp-content/galle.../VCU_CZ_12.jpg

Hope that helps mate ?

Cheers pal

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

Hull Motor Show - Sunday 24th August

Just a quick note guys. I will be with the Vectra-C crowd at this show and I will be happy to demo this wonderful equipment as fitted to my car, to anyone who wants to track me down

I hope I will also be able to offer free firmware updates to anyone who presently has a Comfort Unit whether from myself, or from earlier times. The limiting factor will be whether I can gain access to a 240v mains hookup for the programmer. If not, then you can leave your unit with me together with the cost of return postage and I will happily update it and return it via post on my return home
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

YouTube Links

Guys I am a little surprised that several members have contacted me asking questions about features clearly shown in the youtube links I have posted.

So, if you know about such things, then this isn't aimed at "you" , however, if you have read through the posts on this thread, and haven't spotted that the majority of the images showing are actually youtube links that will play a video demo, then please try again but this time, click the mouse on the photo

I hope that helps one or two of you to "see" more of the info in this thread.

Thanks guys n gals

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Trax - Sunday 7th September

Just a quick note guys. I will be with the Vectra-C crowd at this event and I will be happy to demo this wonderful equipment as fitted to my car, to anyone who wants to track me down

I hope I will also be able to offer free firmware updates to anyone who presently has a Comfort Unit whether from myself, or from earlier times. The limiting factor will be whether I can gain access to a 240v mains hookup for the programmer. If not, then you can leave your unit with me together with the cost of return postage and I will happily update it and return it via post on my return home
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Default North West & ROI/Eire - Mini Meet Today

It was good to meet up with @EdOPCburg today for a coffee and a chat.

Ed is visiting family in the UK with his father during a short "holiday" away from home in Eire.

I hope you will be very happy after completing the "Winter Project" mod you have chosen in adding the "Full Monty" - Comfort Unit, VCU-01 , RASP-PSM and CAM-PS - to the CD30 + CID setup (OpenElec/XBMC Media Centre with Reversing Camera) in your Astra VXr

As I said, it was great to meet up for a coffee and chinwag with you and your father and I look forward to hearing that you have completed the mod

Have a great holiday guys and keep in touch.

Woody
    Last edited by Woody; 2nd September 2014 at 11:25 AM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Was good day woody. Good meet you and see your set up on the go.

Look forward to getting stuck in once Pi turns up.

Cheers for your time and cuppa.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Trax - Sunday 7th September

Just a quick note guys. I will be with the Vectra-C crowd at this event and I will be happy to demo this wonderful equipment as fitted to my car, to anyone who wants to track me down

A cheeky "bump" for Trax
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Quote Originally Posted by yammyr4 View Post
    Do you do anything for the Touch & Connect?
    +1
    Corsa VXR Nurburgring No 020 Chilli Orange with Full Leather & Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by yammyr4 View Post
    Do you do anything for the Touch & Connect?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Burg View Post
    +1
    Sorry I missed this post previously guys.

The CU has no involvement with the Touch and Connect and conveniently uses the GID/CID display in your vehicle rather than the display on your T&C unit.

So you should have no problem using the Comfort Unit provided that the type of GID/CID type in your vehicle is not on the list of devices shown as non compatable.

If you have the CID then you can make use of the features provided for External Video In provided by the VCU-01 / VCU-02 although you may need to purchase an RGB cable for installing these.

I hope that helps
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast