+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Okay thanks!
    White VXR Clubsport.

VXRed

Is there anythng for the vectra vxr thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1985bri View Post
    Is there anythng for the vectra vxr thanks
    Everything here is designed for the Vectra Vxr (as well as for other models & types)

It is just case of ensuring that you have a compatable headunit and display. Many have either the CD70 Satnav Unit with Colour Display, some have CDC40 with a mono display and I have come across other headunits being fitted dependant on the vehicle's ownership history.

What model / type do you have fitted in your car ?
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

CD70 Aux In Retrofits and CID 3 Line Firmware Updates.

VXRed

Think it's cd 40 mate

Think it's cd 40 mate
    Ok mate, well you will need to check and if it is a CDC40 then that will be printed on the front panel. Similarly, most CDC40's have a mono orange screen display to go with it (although some owners have swapped it for a Colour screen CID).

Please check the type of radio and screen you have and then take a read of the PDF here - http://www.pepas.cz/wp-content/uploa...CU-01_LAST.pdf

Feel free to ask me more once you have read through the PDF

Cheers
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons
    UK/Eire Distributor of the Comfort Unit and Video Accessories from www.PepaS.cz designed to enhance your Headunit & Display - Adds Additional Data and Reversing Camera & Media.

VXRed

Hey mate iv read it and I'm lost lol will this change the Orange screen to colour and I'm looking to connect my iPhone to car

Sounds like you have mono screen, so you probably need to source a CID colour screen for pi
    video/camera functions. For comfort unit alone maybe your fine.

The comfort unit was initially made invented with vectra vxr so for that side you should get all toys available for displaying boost, knock etc etc.

Not sure need bluetooth retro for phone.
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Quote Originally Posted by EdOPCburg View Post
    Sounds like you have mono screen, so you probably need to source a CID colour screen for pi
    video/camera functions. For comfort unit alone maybe your fine.

The comfort unit was initially made invented with vectra vxr so for that side you should get all toys available for displaying boost, knock etc etc.

Not sure need bluetooth retro for phone.
    As Ed says, it sounds like you have a mono (orange) screen probably the GID with your CDC40 and so the Comfort Unit on its own will almost certainly add lots of new and useful features to your display. If you don't have factory bluetooth (UHP) with your CDC40 headunit, however, you will need the display enabled so as to be able to show the new menus offered by the Comfort Unit.

Hey mate iv read it and I'm lost lol will this change the Orange screen to colour and I'm looking to connect my iPhone to car
    No, this will not change your screen to colour. You would need to source a colour display (CID) and surround for the dash and then get it all wired up and paired with the Vauxhall Tech2 kit if you wanted to think about adding colour options like a camera or multimedia.

As for pairing with the iphone, you would need a bluetooth kit to do this. The Factory kit is known as a UHP module, again you would need to source this and get it both wired in and programmed up. However, as far as I'm aware, you can only make and receive calls with this kit, you cannot stream audio from MP3's or the like. If you wanted to do that, you would need to consider adding an aftermarket Bluetooth kit.

Hope this all helps, but going back to the Comfort Unit, you would need to put your headunit into test mode as described in the PDF and determine if it is a compatable type of display for the Comfort Unit before ordering one.

I'm not sure where abouts you are, I am based in Warrington midway between Liverpool and Manchester, and so if you are anywhere nearby, I would be happy to help you identify what you have and whether or not it is compatable, otherwise, maybe another member near you could take a look for you ?

Cheers

Woody
    Last edited by Woody; 9th October 2014 at 09:43 PM.
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Well guys, i have just received a "Beta" version of the new firmware to trial in my own car before its eventual release.

I must say that it is AMAZING

Forget the limited features offered by "other modules" like a HLS , this Comfort Unit not only gives you all the features previously offered, but it now includes the most sophisticated VXR type dashboard setup I have ever seen outside of a genuine VXR's Dial/Needle Sweep Function.

Ignition on and ALL dash indicator lights come on momentarily while ALL 4 dials (on my Vectra-C, Temperature, Rev Counter, Speedo and Fuel) all do a full sweep (unlike the HLS which only does Rev Counter & Speedo and no dash lights). It is really like being inside a VXR except this has MANY MORE FEATURES (see the Astra / Vectra Dashboard Videos in the post #34 to see for yourself how good this looks )

Another useful addition is the way it now handles the CHL (Coming Home Lights) function. If your car has autolights, then this will now put your lights on provided it has detected it is dark outside, when you switch off the ignition, pull the keys out, and then open the door

The designer has excelled himself here and this module now offers so much in the way of additional features to the standard Vauxhall Vectra-C / Signum , Astra H and Zafira B that it has now become a "MUST HAVE" option IMO if you are a driver of one of these motor cars.

I can see that my stockholding is going to be a potential problem when the new firmware is launched and so I am now taking "orders" for this prior to the launch.

Please contact me via PM to make a deposit and secure your module ready for when this is launched, in what I hope will be a very short time indeed.

Cheers guys

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

Default Comfort Unit Firmware Update - Latest Release 3.8di - 10.10.2014

Good morning guys.

Well, I have just received the go ahead to launch the new Comfort Unit Firmware

Version MFD-CAN_3.8di / 10.10.2014 - With Vxr Style Needle Sweep and Coming Home Lights for Vehicles with Autolighting is now the Official Latest Release.

Cheers

Woody
    Woody's Vx Ice Addons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast