Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Few Issues

VXRed

Default A Few Issues

Hi Guys

I have found a few minor issues this weekend and was just looking to see if anyone had seen similar issues and had these fixed under warranty? Sorry for all the questions in 1 post.
    1 - Flip Key Broken, The button will not pop back out and the Key wont lock into position, Guessing the spring has broken
    2 - Had to top up the Coolant, noticed residue around lip of coolant reservoir and when the car is warm you can see bubbles in the front top corner of lip of the reservoir suggesting a leak from the top, however when cold I cant see any hole in the case.

3 - Noticed a bang from the engine bay when moving off, looks like it could be the air filter hosing that's loose, appears the clip on the rear bottom corner may have snapped off, also noticed a pipe cable tied to the top against a rough plastic section which looks like another broken clip, but not sure if this is normal.

Thanks
    Last edited by lee_spowart; 30th August 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Had a coolant issue with mine. The warranty provided a new cap as there is a common fault with it. Not had issues with the other 2 problems you're having. Good luck

VXRed

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think it's the cap, as I can see bubbles coming out of the casing, unless its just old fluid that's boiling not sure.

Expansion tank split, I think they had the same problem with the Vectra's.
    BLACK COUNTRY BORN AND BRED

Not come across the air filter housing breaking, very odd? I think there were some posts last year (if memory serves) about some expansion tanks spliting and being replaced under warranty.

VXRed

Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. Car is in today had a phone call saying the coolant tank needs replacing as its split and will be done under warranty. No update as yet on the broken key or air filter housing. Also told they couldn't find any reason for the service rear axle messages as no faults logged on computer.

VXRed

Same as that,mine had an issue with the cap and yes it is a common fault,replaced last year all ok now.

VXRed

Hi all

Just a quick update. Vx ordered a new coolant expansion tank under warranty and the key will also be replaced under warranty.

Currently waiting on the result from vx customer care for the air filter housing as they currently won't replace under warranty as they said there is no way for it to break like it has without manual intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by lee_spowart View Post
    Hi all

Just a quick update. Vx ordered a new coolant expansion tank under warranty and the key will also be replaced under warranty.

Currently waiting on the result from vx customer care for the air filter housing as they currently won't replace under warranty as they said there is no way for it to break like it has without manual intervention.
    Manual intervention? OK, if so, did they service it last and break it?

VXRed

Yeah. Unfortunately they didn't service it last, but it has only ever been serviced at vauxhall. Unfortunately I have no way of proving who if anyone has caused the issue.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast