Closed Thread
    VXRed

Default Newbie : Turbo problems :(

Hi there, i signed up to this website/Forum because i think my turbo has gone on Corsa Vxr. It is an uprated turbo the K04 Hybrid turbo from an astra VXR, and just want to know if anyone knows the symptoms if a turbo has broken/blown. My boost gauge inside the car doesnt go over 0 anymore, theres no hazy smoke out the exhaust, I just didnt know if anyone can help?

Could be a wastegate stuck open.

Any more info you can share with us?
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

Moved to the Corsa section for you - should get better response here than in the Newbie section which is for "Hello's"

Astra

VXRed

Hi VeXer, how would i know it could be the wastegate open? Would that cause the turbo not to spool up? I dont have much Info on it at the moment, it only happened a few hours ago, in 3rd gear, put my foot down, and it came accross as though something miss fired, and i changed gear and didnt think much of it, then realised all the torque went. Its been heavily modified aswell, everythings been uprated for reliability as it hits 300bhp, But its nothing without the turbo

Go out and check the boost piping first to see if there are any hoses loose
    OPC ÉIRE
    Drop me a PM for Irish meets, group adds etc.

VXRed

Default Turbo problems 2! :( help!! Any info helpful

Hey everyone, yesterday i was driving my car , was in 3rd gear i put my foot down, and it seemed like my car has misfired ( best way to describe it ), realised the turbo boost gauge inside the car doesnt now move off zero, which shows me the turbo isnt working. It got rebuilt 5000miles ago, theres no odd noises or smoke coming out exhaust, just doesnt seem like the turbo is broken, but maybe somethings stopping it from spooling up, ive had a mechanic look at it, that knows about modded cars, and he said its most likely the AFM sensor not letting air through to the turbo, its an 80mm AFM from bosch, has anyone else had this problem, or any other idea's to what it could be? Any info is much appreciated.

VXRed

Sounds like a boost hose popped off to me. Take a look at all boost hose connections especially the intercooler and report back.

VXRed

The vacuum pipe was a little frayed and popped off, all sorted now! THANKS!!!!!!!! Back to 310 horses

Another happy Customer. Where is the vacuum hose. Can you post up a quick pic?

VXRed

glad you sorted it
    Drive it like you stole it

Closed Thread