Closed Thread

Thread: smoking

VXRed

Default smoking

Hi New to this, I know there are loads of threads about smoke but wanted to get some opinions on my situation! I'm no mechanic hence why I'm asking for help, 06 astra vxr, blue smoke only after sitting for a min then rev'd, from what I've read valve stem seals are coming up alot I've taken it into a couple of garages but nothing comes up on the diagnostics so they just send me on my way but today it has broke! the oil was really low so filled up, I was driving about to shoot off and lost pretty much all power just slugged along loads of smoke coming out so pulled over gave it a few revs and it was only smoking when rev'd then got back in to drive home checked the turbo was still working and it was fine no loss of power just loads of smoke on acceleration any ideas?

VXRed

Here's an update. I'm pretty sure I put too much oil in yesterday because it's nowhere near as bad today abit of smoke on start up but that was it but it's doing the same thing let it idle for a min then rev it and blue smoke comes out so I'm guessing stem seals or perhaps turbo

stem seals imo, if its doing it on idle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
    I am pretty awesome.
    BOOM
    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

VXRed

Yeah that's what I thought but spoke to someone and they said it could still be the turbo because when it's boosting there's pressure on the fan/bearings but when it's still there's no pressure so it can leak and I took off the intake pipe and there was oil residue round the corners and wet oil all round the connection to the turbo

Closed Thread