Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Can't make up my mind

So why does walkinshaw performance show 2 different types?

I know one is for the z16 and the other the a16. But I think I have the z16 version and the one you're describing in the a16.

I know they changed something between the engines for the euro5 emissions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EDIT.

this shows the 2 piece system.

Last edited by Jasey-12; 31st August 2014 at 08:44 AM.
    Arden Blue Corsa VXR.

Top system is A16 and bottom is Z16.

You have a Z16 engine so it should look like the Z16 Remus system you have shown.

Flanges are different and lambda sensors or in a different place. You have a mismatch Remus system with a aftermarket decat. Your secondary cat will still be present and will probably be an MOT failure with the main decat
    M135i

Quote Originally Posted by iDan x View Post
    Top system is A16 and bottom is Z16.

You have a Z16 engine so it should look like the Z16 Remus system you have shown.

Flanges are different and lambda sensors or in a different place. You have a mismatch Remus system with a aftermarket decat. Your secondary cat will still be present and will probably be an MOT failure with the main decat

After a bit of googling. I believe you're right. However. If I have some aftermarket decat pipe. What do I need to have the proper remus 2 piece? Just the down pipe and then to replace my centre silencer and my decat pipe with standard? I had reason to believe it was the proper 3 piece system because I saw the car it had came off. And it was a genuine arctic edition.

Arden Blue Corsa VXR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasey-12 View Post
    After a bit of googling. I believe you're right. However. If I have some aftermarket decat pipe. What do I need to have the proper remus 2 piece? Just the down pipe and then to replace my centre silencer and my decat pipe with standard? I had reason to believe it was the proper 3 piece system because I saw the car it had came off. And it was a genuine arctic edition.

I am right

A Remus 2 piece is a precat decat and backbox... You will need to fit the OE silencer and OE main cat
    M135i

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3