Closed Thread

Default Remus 2 piece - warranty query

Do Vauxhall cover the 2 piece Remus system as an aftermarket upgrade on their warranty? Or does it have to come on the car as standard to be covered (like the Arctic edition)?

I have a third party warranty, who are contesting that this exhaust will not be covered, as they claim that 1.) Vauxhall have never heard of this exhaust (bs) and 2.) the Vauxhall warranty will not cover this as an aftermarket upgrade, irrelevant of who supplies and fits it.

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Remus 2 and 3 piece covered under VX warranty, just needs to be fitted by vat registered garage.

VXRO's Bulging Eyes burgerken374's Avatar

Why have you got third Party Warranty, is you car over 3yrs old, I assume you bought the car as second owner, if so the third party can do what they please & usually don't cover any modifications.
    Astra GTC Summit White with Aero Pack, Navi 600, Rear Parking Sensors, Carbon Diffuser, Carbon Wing Mirrors, Carbon Front Scoops & Carbon Mud Flaps, & Splitter
    BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
    'Clique' # 1

VXR Nothing comes close vr55vxr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by burgerken374 View Post
    Why have you got third Party Warranty, is you car over 3yrs old, I assume you bought the car as second owner, if so the third party can do what they please & usually don't cover any modifications.
    Did not read the post fully, as stated third parties normally do not cover any mods. In there eyes, the remus is an aftermarket mod and will not be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by burgerken374 View Post
    Exactly that, yeah. 59 plate, so got a warranty from the dealer. Hmm I did think that could be the case.

Cheers lads

No Remus for me then

Closed Thread